MarketDepth on chart disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarketDepth on chart disappearing

I just started using NT7 since yesterday, everything went well except that any of the MarketDepth indicators only plot for a few seconds before disappearing. Both the indicators are compatible with NT7 and seems to be working for other users.Any ideas

I've had the same problem since Beta 2. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it works on one chart but not on another.

They weren't responsive when I reported it back then, and since I can't reproduce it at will, I gave up.

Usually rebuilding the chart from scratch works, but it's irritating to keep having to do that all the time.

Comment

Thanks palinuro

The difference for me is that its not even plotting on a new chart

Comment

Originally posted by Ouspensky View Post
        I just started using NT7 since yesterday, everything went well except that any of the MarketDepth indicators only plot for a few seconds before disappearing. Both the indicators are compatible with NT7 and seems to be working for other users.Any ideas
        Just because they compile does not necessarily mean that the indicator would operate as expected. Since this is custom code, you would have to debug the indicator in real-time to see where the problem is.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Rey.

The indicators worked fine yesterday, but it makes me uneasy to make changes on the chart lest it start disappearing again.

As for the indicators, they were modified to work on NT7 and seem to be working for all those who are using it. The issue is more likely a NT7 issue since if it was a code issue it wouldn't plot on certain days without error and not plot at all on other days.

Comment

Ouspensky,

Only way to know what is going on is to debug the indicator. Working sometimes and sometimes not is indicative of the indicator running into certain scenarios where it doesn't work. The scenario just happens not to be realized every day.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh, will do that

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh