Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawLine line disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawLine line disappearing

When I draw a line using DrawLine and both the startTime and endTime are outside of the visible chart the line disappears. Is this a known problem? How can I keep the lines from disappearing?

TAJTrades, sorry I don't follow you here - when you draw a line programmatically and the start and end times are not on your chart, the line would not be drawn / seen - why do you expect it to be different? Where should it be positioned?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

If you are Drawing a Sup/Res line as I do there are times when you want to draw that line into the future. As an example lets say it is 8:30 AM and I want to draw a Sup/Res line from 6:30 am to the NY close at 4:15 pm. Only want to perform the calcs to draw the line one time because that are computer resource intensive. So now it is the middle of the day and the line startTime is off the left side of the chart and the 4:15 bar is still in the future. The DrawLine disappears yet it is still a viable Sup Res line.

Plots are not an option because the numbers of Lines / Plots is unknown when the calcs are performed. So the question I have is why would you not want those lines visible? They other questions is why would I want to redraw that line on every bar when I only need to draw it once. That seems to me to be a waste of computer cycles when speed is of the essence. And to make matters worse is the inability to DrawLines Globally via script so if I want to see those lines on multiple timeframes/ charts I have to redo the cals and DrawLines on each chart.

Is there to keep the lines on the chart under this scenario without have to perform constant recalcs and redraws?

Comment

TAJTrades, the outcome is unfortunately expected for our x axis time sequencing approach, have you tried using just an extended line or ray for example? The endpoints would be infinite and thus you would not need to supply an exact future anchor.

The option to draw globally programmatically is on our feedback list - thanks for bringing it up.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        170 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes