NT7 : we need functions !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 : we need functions !!!

I have looked to the future enhancements on NT 7 and I am really surprised that there is so few new reference functions.

Here is what in my opinion are a "mut have" :

-Upticks/Downticks which are available on a lot of platforms now but still not on NT.
    -get rid of PriorDayHOLC and implement HighD,CloseD etc...to simplify access to anteriors days H,O,L,C instead of juggling with GetBarsSessions and PriorDayHOLC. The main reason is that it makes pivot type indicators overly complicated to design ; what takes 5 minutes to code on TS can become 5 days on NT because we have to struggle with unadaptaded functions...why did you make it so difficult when it could be so simple ?

There are probably other missing stuffs and I will update this post when I think about something. Hope the community will help pinpoint what is missing or what should be changed...
    One of the keys in success for automated trading is the capability to implement all his ideas with ease and very fast...I'm sorry to tell you that this is not the case on NT because you did not make enough efforts on this particular field (missing/unadapted functions...).

Hope this will change because for us algorithmic traders that is what matters most:-)

Originally posted by kuroro13 View Post
    I have looked to the future enhancements on NT 7 and I am really surprised that there is so few new reference functions.

Here is what in my opinion are a "mut have" :

-Upticks/Downticks which are available on a lot of platforms now but still not on NT.
    -get rid of PriorDayHOLC and implement HighD,CloseD etc...to simplify access to anteriors days H,O,L,C instead of juggling with GetBarsSessions and PriorDayHOLC. The main reason is that it makes pivot type indicators overly complicated to design ; what takes 5 minutes to code on TS can become 5 days on NT because we have to struggle with unadaptaded functions...why did you make it so difficult when it could be so simple ?

There are probably other missing stuffs and I will update this post when I think about something. Hope the community will help pinpoint what is missing or what should be changed...
    One of the keys in success for automated trading is the capability to implement all his ideas with ease and very fast...I'm sorry to tell you that this is not the case on NT because you did not make enough efforts on this particular field (missing/unadapted functions...).

Hope this will change because for us algorithmic traders that is what matters most:-)
    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, these are not going to part of NT7.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No upticks/downticks on NT7 ?....argghhh
      Why not ?

Comment

Originally posted by kuroro13 View Post
        No upticks/downticks on NT7 ?....argghhh
        Why not ?
        Most market data/broker technology providers do not provide this data.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes