Bar Time Periods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Time Periods

When you automate your trading system can you make the price bar time periods be a 12 hour bar time period. Meaning when you code your system theres more flexibility to have the bars be any time period you want even though the currency broker may only offer a 4 hour time period at the most. Or are you limited when you code your system to just what the currency broker offers for the price bar time periods.
    Thanx,
    Steve

Not sure I follow. NT prevents you not from selecting e.g. 12 hours period as you open a chart or backtest a strategy.

Comment

Bar Time Periods

To clarify. The trading system I want to automate requires that each bar it uses to trade from be a 12 hour time period. When I code the trading system,
      I want to make or put 720 minutes as the time period for each bar in the code I am writing for the automated trading system. Can I as a coder have the power or ability to make whatever time period I want the bars to be, for the code I am writing, even though lets say MBtrading or some other currency broker who I would trade through would not offer 12 hour time periods on the bars used in the charts they offer, maybe a 6 hour bar is the max they offer in the hourly charts.
      Thanx Much,
      Steve

Comment

Yes, you can. NT only pulls 1 tick series, 1 minute series and 1 day series from a historical data provider and builds all other timeframes itself (e.g. builds 12 hours series from 1 minute series).

Comment

Bar Time Periods

Thanx Much..........

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM