Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Renko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's cool but we don't have nt7 and really don't know when it will be here.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Winfrey View Post
      Hey NinjaMouse,

I know that is the case with Renko because you don't see all the ticks. You see the smoothed bricks. So, I fully understand you comment and caution. EdsRenko still conforms to the Renko bricks but you still see the wicks and sticks above and below the brick. Further you see brick forming on the current bar. So, what Ed has done is maintain the brick integrity while giving visibility of current price. That can be backtested and in fact I have and it works the same backtesting as it does forward testing AND the live market. Very cool.

Mike
      Mike I agree with ninja. The real world is much more complex. Forward and backtesting does not cover the complex hidden probabilities involved such as spread and execution.

Comment

Of course Ed...the issues you mention weren't part of the discussion we were having. Your comment applies to ANY bartype. Our discussion was merely a comparison of the conventional renko brick versus edsrenko implementation.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
          Ask this in a different thread before I found this one .
          If I understand correctly each new bar plots a certain number of ticks above
          or below the previous bars high or Low , but what's the rule / code in a block of bars like this where the highs and lows appear equal ? thx .
          Not previous bars high or low, but previous brick size high or low. My explanation is easier understood when thinking in terms of standard Renko brick size. If you're looking at my implementation, then the bricks are twice the size during reversals, because my implementation provides the true open price, whereas standard Renko fudges the open price in order to make the bricks look prettier.

Comment

Ed,

My comment is very general in nature regarding your implementation.

I really really like it. It has made my trading life so much easier.

Thank you,
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by edsfreedom View Post
              Not previous bars high or low, but previous brick size high or low. My explanation is easier understood when thinking in terms of standard Renko brick size. If you're looking at my implementation, then the bricks are twice the size during reversals, because my implementation provides the true open price, whereas standard Renko fudges the open price in order to make the bricks look prettier.
              Thanks . I like your implementation . The reversal bars are generally good exit
              points and a block of reversal bars are usually good support or resistance .
              Makes it easier to read the chart for me. I tried to import it into NT7 ,but at
              the time it didn't work . Hope you update it for version 7 soon . Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                Thanks . I like your implementation . The reversal bars are generally good exit
                points and a block of reversal bars are usually good support or resistance .
                Makes it easier to read the chart for me. I tried to import it into NT7 ,but at
                the time it didn't work . Hope you update it for version 7 soon . Thanks again.
                I was late asking for NT7 beta, so they didn't give it to me, I will update it as soon as I get a copy of NT7.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Winfrey View Post
                  Ed,

My comment is very general in nature regarding your implementation.

I really really like it. It has made my trading life so much easier.

Thank you,
                  Mike
                  Thanks Mike, glad you like it.

Comment

I just got Ninja 7 beta 6 today.

I also saw that aslane got Renko built-in to beta 6. The wicks need additional changes for now with instructions in the link below (I verified it works). If you don't want to mess with the files, i'm sure you can wait for the next beta release.

Note there's two spot with the same charttype code, you want to change the one in the Renko class, where the code is like this:

public override Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType[] ChartStyleTypesSupported
                    {
                    get { return new Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType[] { Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType.OpenClose, Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType.CandleStick }; }
                    }

/// <summary>
                    /// </summary>
                    /// <returns></returns>
                    public override object Clone()
                    {
                    return new RenkoBarsType();
                    }

Comment

Originally posted by edsfreedom View Post
                      I just got Ninja 7 beta 6 today.

I also saw that aslane got Renko built-in to beta 6. The wicks need additional changes for now with instructions in the link below (I verified it works). If you don't want to mess with the files, i'm sure you can wait for the next beta release.

Note there's two spot with the same charttype code, you want to change the one in the Renko class, where the code is like this:

public override Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType[] ChartStyleTypesSupported
                      {
                      get { return new Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType[] { Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType.OpenClose, Gui.Chart.ChartStyleType.CandleStick }; }
                      }

/// <summary>
                      /// </summary>
                      /// <returns></returns>
                      public override object Clone()
                      {
                      return new RenkoBarsType();
                      }
                      Thanks Ed . Very glad to here this news . So Ninja will incorporate these
                      changes into the next beta ? As it is now , I have a hand full of custom
                      indicators that I rely on and since I use TT for data , I'm going to have to
                      wait for the public release and for the problems with TT and custom indicator conversions before I can do a whole lot with NT7. Thanks again .

Comment

Ed,

If there is a specific request here can you please post it in the NT7 section of the forums as well? Thank you.
                        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am trying to display a Renko chart with the simulated data feed, but I am not able to do it, the chart remains blank.
                          Below the steps I follow:
                          -start the simulated data feed e.g. on ES 06-10
                          -select new chart of ES 06-10
                          -Type: Renko; Brick size: 2
                          -Load data based on: bars; bars to load: 1

What I expect is to start to see the bars appearing on the chart when price moves, but this is not happening.
                          Could you help me to understand how to do this please?
                          Thank you
                          Martin

Comment

Martin,

Are you using NT6.5 or NT7? For NT7 please check the session template being used on your chart. You will need to use one that includes the weekend to see data on the weekend.
                            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

I am using NT7. I tried again now (Monday) but it does definitively not work. The chart remains blank.
                              Moreover I did not find the option like in 6.5 where I can exclude/include the weekend.
                              I've been doing that kind of simulated charts without any problem with 6.5. Could you give me some more advice please?

Thanks
                              Martin

Comment

Martin, checked on my end here and did not see issues using Simulated Data to drive a 2 Brick Renko chart on the current ES with Default 24 / 7 as session template.

Are you working on latest NT7 Beta 15?

Which markets and session template have you selected?

Which data provider / broker would supply the historical tick data for the history of the chart?

Thanks
                                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                                1 response