Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
    anyone know if the converter works on Iq feed?? Can i export a text file from R/T then convert it to ninja??
    That should work using IRT mode

Comment

Hi Gom:
      Please can I know in which post I can find the latest Gom Package for Ninja7.0.

Also, when I downloaded your indicators from one of this forum, my system gave error message saying''indicator is not serialized''. Appreciate your advise to solve the problem as I am not a computer savy.

Regards,

Raj

Comment

Please don't laugh at me if you are a programmer, but is it a user or system variable?

Originally posted by O66-nl View Post
        Thanks, its working perfectly!

set environment variable in Windows 7:
        right click my computer
        properties
        advanced system settings
        environment variables

Comment

Environment Variable for Gom Recorder file location

You add a new USER variable.

Please do not do anything to the System variables.

If you don't create an environment variable called GOMFOLDER, the recorder will place the files in My Documents. However My Documents is not an actual folder in recent Microsoft operating systems.. it is a "Junction Point".

Comment

Thanks Ricam,

Is the value of the folder just the %user followed by the folder's path?

Originally posted by Ricam View Post
            You add a new USER variable.

Please do not do anything to the System variables.

If you don't create an environment variable called GOMFOLDER, the recorder will place the files in My Documents. However My Documents is not an actual folder in recent Microsoft operating systems.. it is a "Junction Point".

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
              That should work using IRT mode
              Hi Gom:

Your Gom Delta Volume indicator is superb with volume filter option.
              If I select a particular volume filter size, say 10 for Dow mini contarcts(YM), it plots bars only when delta volume exceeds +/_10 contracts .
              It is a very useful information, especially when anticipating a trend change at some support or resistance levels.
              In this context, I have a request to you to tweak this indicator one step further by modifying the code in such a way that it prints Red dots above the candles high on the price chart( if volume filter size option is selected) if -ve delta exceeds selected number and prints Green dot below the low of the candle on the price chart, if +ve delta volume exceeds selected number.
              Also, you may add different alert sound when red or red dots are printed on the price chart.

This would enhance the application of this subject indicator manifolds.

Looking forward to your help.

Regards,

Raj

Comment

Hi, could someone please post the most up to date version of the Gom cumulative delta indicator.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sbgtrading View Post
                  Hello everyone,

Calculation Mode Changed on 3/18/09 in response to user requests

I've made a sweeping change to the cumulative delta indicator and posted it to this message. It is one indicator that lets you choose from the following 3 cumulative delta types:
                  1) Bid/Ask Volume
                  This is cumulation of the volume at the Ask - volume at the Bid
                  2) UpTick/DownTick Volume
                  This is the cumulation of the volume on upticks - volume on downticks
                  3) Tick Count
                  No volume in this calculation, just the sum of upticks - downticks

I believe this is a more efficient handling of the incoming market data and it may lead to resolving some of the "discrepancies" in the cumulative calculation. Please test it and report back to this thread.

Another enhancement in this version is you can completely turn-off the individual bar delta values (which were plotted as green and red dots in prior versions). This will prevent any undesirable scaling issues with the panel.

Finally, this indicator lets you specify a minimum volume per transaction, thereby letting you eliminate low-volume transactions from the calculation.

Let me know if you have any questions! Please test this indicator and report back.

Enjoy!
                  Ben

I like this indicator. Thanks for developing it.

Just one thing, if someone could help me and point me to where in the code I would change the color of the price marker?

At the moment the value marker is green, whether or not it is below the zeroline. Is there a way to make the value marker the same color as the bars below zero, ie: when it´s a minus number?

Have attached a screenshot just to clarify. As you can see, the screenshot shows the value as a minus number, but the color is green, would like this to match the down bar value, in this case crimson.

Thanks for any assistance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You can use PlotColors to control the color of the plot and its price marker. I've replaced the original DeltaDown and DeltaUp plots with a single Delta plot. In the following code ColorBearish and ColorBullish are parameters, but you can substitute hard-coded colors if you like:
                    Code:
                    if (Delta[0] < 0)
                        PlotColors[0][0] = ColorBearish ;// color the negative Delta
                    else if (Delta[0] > 0)
                        PlotColors[0][0] = ColorBullish ;// color the positive Delta

Comment

Hi Folks,

Anyone familiar with the GomVolumeLadder code,to add an audible alert to the Total Volume ladder?

Thanks

Comment

This is not working on NT7, it's not showing up.

Comment

hi, is this delta buy/sell indicator still available? please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by sbgtrading View Post
                            Hello everyone,

Calculation Mode Changed on 3/18/09 in response to user requests

I've made a sweeping change to the cumulative delta indicator and posted it to this message. It is one indicator that lets you choose from the following 3 cumulative delta types:
                            1) Bid/Ask Volume
                            This is cumulation of the volume at the Ask - volume at the Bid
                            2) UpTick/DownTick Volume
                            This is the cumulation of the volume on upticks - volume on downticks
                            3) Tick Count
                            No volume in this calculation, just the sum of upticks - downticks

I believe this is a more efficient handling of the incoming market data and it may lead to resolving some of the "discrepancies" in the cumulative calculation. Please test it and report back to this thread.

Another enhancement in this version is you can completely turn-off the individual bar delta values (which were plotted as green and red dots in prior versions). This will prevent any undesirable scaling issues with the panel.

Finally, this indicator lets you specify a minimum volume per transaction, thereby letting you eliminate low-volume transactions from the calculation.

Let me know if you have any questions! Please test this indicator and report back.

Enjoy!
                            Ben
                            Hi SBGtrading ,

Do you have the latest version of this indicator for NT7 . Thanks .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                            95 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post xiinteractive  
                            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post xiinteractive