Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Conditioner Builder Indicator Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditioner Builder Indicator Access

I decided today to jump in and write a simple crossover stragegy using 2 KwikPop indicators. I began the process but only found one of the indicators to be shown in the Condition Builder. The other does exist as I am currently using it on my charts but does not show up in the Condition Builder indicator drop down list. Where do I go from here??

Hi lpart,

If you do not see a KP indicator in the list, then it's because they have not made that indicator available to be used for NinjaScript strategy development. You would need to contact them and ask them for further information on this.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Ray. I spoke to Kwik Pop and solved the first problem. I have now created and compiled my strategy which is simply to plot an arrow when a crossover of the 2 indicators occurs. I have installed the strategy and it is not plotting. I have also tried another strategy provided by another KwikPop user that I know is being used by a lot of people and that one is not working for me as well. I have turned Chart Trader off on alll my charts. I have tried recreating new charts and I have logged off and on again to Ninja Trader. Nothing seems to work for me.

I hate being new to anything but here I go again. I have viewed the videos 4 times and looked thru the help screens.

Can you give me some direction please?

Comment

Hi lpart,

Please check the error logs in the 'Log' tab of the Control Center for anything out of the ordinary. This tip will help in the general procedure of debugging and you may find it useful.

If you still cannot get it to work please post some code snippets that you think are causing problems and I'll take a look at them for you. Cheers and have a good weekend.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh. I am new and trying something very simple by using the Strategy Wizard. I don't want to learn C++. I worked with Easy Lanquage a little and am not interested in starting over on another language. Ninja needs some significantly better tutelage for this.

I am astonished at it's length. I am new to this forum and it's use. I am trying to attach the .cs file for you.

Here goes.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi lpart,

The reason you don't see the triangles you are drawing is because you are drawing them at a price of 0. Your chart isn't usually all the way down there so the triangles are out of the viewable range.

Your code:
            Code:
            DrawTriangleUp("My triangle up" + CurrentBar, 0, [COLOR=Red]0[/COLOR], Color.Lime);
            The highlighted red '0' is the value you want to modify to determine where on the price axis the triangle will lie.

Code:
            DrawTriangleUp("My triangle up" + CurrentBar, 0, [COLOR=Red]Close[0][/COLOR], Color.Lime);
            This modification will place your triangle at the close of the current bar. If you wanted it at the low of the bar you can do Low[0]. You can also fudge around the placement of the triangle with the use of some basic arithmetic operations.

Code:
            DrawTriangleUp("My triangle up" + CurrentBar, 0, [COLOR=Red]Low[0] - 5 * TickSize[/COLOR], Color.Lime);
            TickSize is a variable that contains the tick size of your current instrument. If you were charting on a stock the tick size would usually be 0.01.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Josh. Thank you very much. That did the trick!!

Do you do this for a living or are just a helpful forum member? If you do this for a living I would like to know how to contact you down the road when I get my act together for a little more involved strategy development.

Comment

I am on contract with NinjaTrader to provide NinjaScript support when
                needed. There is a list of available consultants that can help you with
                script development at the following link.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/partners_onlinetrading_NinjaScript.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                95 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes