Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts still periodically fail to update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey hk.

I don't know about IB, but in using MBT I noticed that this only occurs if I am connected during the 12:00AM server reset. Other than that my charts continue to update.

After I lose connect to my broker I close NT. I then open NT around 12:05AM when I know my broker has finished their server reset. This has worked for me for the past week that I've been doing it.

Just a thought.
    mrlogik
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Hello,

Running an IB connection 24 hours a day is not supported. At some point IB resets their servers, at this time you will need to shut down and restart NinjaTrader to get your charts to work. This is expected behavior. Sorry if this is an inconvenience to you.

I suspect this is the source of all issues discussed below.

Regarding saving a workspace, I suggest setting the dates the way you want them then closing down NT and selecting "Yes to all".
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, MrLogik for that advice! I used to apply that same method with Tradestation and OwnData in the "bad old" days, but I lost a lot of sleep. At the time, I was simply trying to use IB history to clean up the gap during the "server restart" period. After a while I just gave in to having those gaps, because the data and the charts usually were ok by the next morning. That is the kind of functionality that I expected NT to at least match.

Comment

Hello Ben,

Thank you for clarifying the issue.
          Considering all of the shortcomings of NT that we have identified in this thread, I would expect that somebody would forward at least one of them to development so that somebody could try to fix it. It seems a bit too easy to tag the issues described here as "expected behavior", but if that is the case I cannot continue to use NT given the fact that other tools like Tradestation and OwnData do not have the same limitations.

Comment

well I know the issue with MBT resetting the servers is a problem with the MBT API, not NT. I'm not sure how IB handles this; from what I've heard working with IB and their software team is difficult.

Maybe it woudl be possible for NT to have a section in their setup window where you could schedule an automatic disconnect (log-off), then a reconnect (log-on) prior to and after the server reset time?
            mrlogik
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions.

We forward all suggestions for future releases to development for our list of future considerations, and I will pass these along as well.
              JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes