General Walkthrough stuff..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Walkthrough stuff..

Just a few things I've noted from my use of the walk through / optimizer / backtest feature!!

#1: I can't get the "Optimizer" to work, so I have to use the walk through with settings that make it work similar to how I figure the optimizer should work. The optimizer always just instantly finishes processing with the results of "zero trades were made".

#2: The walk through seems to not properly clear the memory (as of older versions of 6.5 about a month ago, haven't tested it recently). So that if you run several large walk-throughs, closing each one's strategy optimizer each time, you will see Ninja Trader eating up all your ram at that point and you'll have to shut ninja trader down and restart it, in order to get your RAM back.

Question:

I do have a question about the walk through...

I'm running a really large walk-through that's taking about 6 days to complete. I'm half-way done with the processing and all of a sudden I've noticed that I do not see the "strategy optimizer" open on my computer. All I see is the Ninja Trader platform, and the smaller box that says "Loading..." (which is where the walk through progress bar is). So it's processing the walk through, even though I guess somehow I must have closed to strategy optimizer window. What I'm wondering is this: when this thing finishes 3 days from now, is it going to re-open the strategy optimizer window? Or is it just going to ditch me with no way to view the results, lol.

If it is going to ditch me, then may I suggest this to be a bug? It probably should say that you must stop processing your strategy before it will let you close the strategy optimizer window, to avoid this kind of situation.

Blessings,
    Aaron

Comment

#1: Please try get it working using the SampleMaCrossOver strategy and check e.g. by opening a chart that you have sufficient data on the backtested series.
      #2: Please try to verify using SampleMaCrossOver strategy on latest 6.5.1000.3. Let us know if you can reproduce the issue and exact steps. Thanks

Make sure you leave the strategy analyzer window open.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh  
      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rtwave