moving chart along y direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving chart along y direction

When is NT going to support moving chart up and down freely along y-axis direction? I know this feature might already be under development, but when is the expected time to make it available? Taking today's GC chart as an example, because today's intraday range is much higher than normal, to view the last bar relative to the resitance lines clearly, either I have to move the chart to the left so that only a few bars are shown on chart or I have to expand the height of the chart window much more than the normal size on my screen (which has to overlap with other windows on my screen). Both of solutions are not good enough.

- Clearpicks

Hello,

Yes, this is already on the list of future considerations. The current tentative release for NT 7 is end of year time.
    As a current work around, you can try creating transparent constant lines indicators above and below your chart prices and set auto scale to true.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any chance this feature would be available in the first release of NT7? If not, I would have to find another charting software to solve this issue.

- Clearpicks

Comment

I cannot say for certain.

Development will release updates on NT7 when available.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Price scaling

I would like to scale the y axis based on symbol points/dollars. For example, I would like to set my scale on my ES chart range to 10 points. That way the visual distance used would give me a feel for the real price activity of a market. As an option, the range could be automatically adjusted once a minute so that the last charted price is at the center of the axis.
          Last edited by Pasado; 09-26-2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I will send your comments to be added to our list of future considerations.
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also Pasado you should be able to set the value in 6.5 by right clicking in your chart, selecting Properties, and setting "Horizantal grid lines interval" to a value of 40, which is 40 ticks of ES which is 10 points.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
                Also Pasado you should be able to set the value in 6.5 by right clicking in your chart, selecting Properties, and setting "Horizantal grid lines interval" to a value of 40, which is 40 ticks of ES which is 10 points.
                That only affects the price interval of grid lines. If price has a 2 point range during the time range of the chart, the chart will have a 2 point range. I would like to set the chart to a 10 point range. That way narrow price activity is obvious to a trader.

Comment

Yes, that is all you can adjust at this time but I forwarded your suggestion to development and it is on our list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post adeelshahzad  
                  Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                  10 responses
                  1 like