Faulty global cross hair in 6.5.1000.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty global cross hair in 6.5.1000.6

In version 6.5.1000.6, the global cross hairs only move in sync if both charts have the pointer set to Global Cross Hair.
    In the previous version you could set just the chart you wanted to move in sync, by setting its pointer to Global Cross Hair, and leaving the other chart to only Cross Hair.

>> In version 6.5.1000.6, the global cross hairs only move in sync if both charts have the pointer set to Global Cross Hair.
    Correct, this is expected behavior. Prior behavior was incorrect.

Comment

I preferred the old behavior.
      If you have two charts that are different timeframes, then when you are over the larger timeframe chart, the smaller timeframe chart is jumping around all over the place.

Comment

>> If you have two charts that are different timeframes, then when you are over the larger timeframe chart, the smaller timeframe chart is jumping around all over the place.
        Not sure I follow. This works as before.

Comment

I agree with astrolobe...the behavior of the new global cursor is different and fairly unworkable. I definitely prefer the old behavior.

Say I move my cursor to a higher timeframe chart...my lower timeframe chart then jumps to wherever my higher timeframe chart cursor is. I've lost my place on the lower timeframe chart and when I go back to my lower timeframe chart, I have to find where I was. Not to mention that the lower timeframe chart data is jerking all over the place, not pleasant visually.

Comment

Originally posted by bigriver View Post
            Say I move my cursor to a higher timeframe chart...my lower timeframe chart then jumps to wherever my higher timeframe chart cursor is. I've lost my place on the lower timeframe chart and when I go back to my lower timeframe chart, I have to find where I was. Not to mention that the lower timeframe chart data is jerking all over the place, not pleasant visually.
            This is expected behaviour since both cross hairs are in sync along the x and y axis of both charts. What you experience before was actual a result of a bug. I can see the value of having the lower time frame drive synchronization on the higher time frame but not be on the receiving end. This behaviour is on our NT7 list where you would be able to have a chart either receive only, send only or both.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In the meantime, any way I could get that "bug" back?

Comment

Prior NT version, available on our website.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Global cursor

Agree w/astrolobe. Made sense in previous version w/lower timeframe chart driving the higher.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Perr0Grande