custom colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom colors

I want to use more vivid and unusual colors in my indicators. Are there additional files anywhere that I can import for this?

Hello Forexoil,

Thank you for writing in.

Indicator plot colors can be modified from within the Indicators window that can be accessed by right-clicking on the chart and selecting Indicators.

If you wish to use a color that does not appear within the drop down menus, you will need to modify the indicator's code. Rather than using Color.[Color] for a specific color, you can utilize the Color.FromArgb() method to manually specify red, green, blue and alpha values: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

If you are unsure of how to code using NinjaScript, I would be happy to provide additional resources.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes, please, if you could give a simple method to add additional colors. I am not a coder..

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately the only way to add colors that are outside of the standard list would be what was described by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG. It would require editing the indicators code to make that kind of change.

The link provided does contain samples but again you would need to code this change, if you did want to have it coded for you I could have our Business development department follow up on this question to provide information on developers.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

forexoil.

Not knowing what kind of indicator you're trying to color code I am giving you two samples. One is for a colored region which allows a shade of 5 of each basic color. See attached image color2 (which contains a chart, code and indicator menu) and attached indicator called ColoredRegions.

The other one is for a colored candle which allows up to 255 different shades of a basic color. See attached image color5 and attached indicator called CandleBarOpacity.

Hope this helps.

sandman
          Attached Files

Comment

create or modify color

hey, i have a similar problem.
            i would like to add one custom color,

colors in the library are available for all indicators, thats why i am not even sure if it is the code for one specific indicator that should be changed.
            anyway i couldnt change the code from what i've seen from the links of this post.
            is there any step by step tutorial for dummies that explains how to add one more color in the library of NT 7 ?
            a shade of gray that doesnt exists yet would be more than welcome... my background is black and the premarket is gray, but darkest available gray is not dark enough.

thanks a lot

Comment

Hello CharlesAmd,

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates how to use argb or hexidecimal values in a brush input.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 06-02-2021, 01:04 PM.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chelsea. Perfect, super simple tuto, so easy and ideal for dummies, works on NT7 too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                95 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive