Connection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Problems

I am with the ISP of a customer who uses s this software. He is only able to get connected very intermittently with this software. The error message he is getting is: "Login failed to connect to the Rates interface: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did no properly respond after a period of time, or establish co"

I wonder if this is due to speed issues or what. What are the bandwith requirements for this software? Also are there any special firewall settings? Is there anything one can do to test the connection to the server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Originally posted by spammenot View Post
    I am with the ISP of a customer who uses s this software. He is only able to get connected very intermittently with this software. The error message he is getting is: "Login failed to connect to the Rates interface: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did no properly respond after a period of time, or establish co"

I wonder if this is due to speed issues or what. What are the bandwith requirements for this software? Also are there any special firewall settings? Is there anything one can do to test the connection to the server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
    Hello Mike,

Thank you for your post.

I searched the Support forum for this issue, results here: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...earchid=395628

It seems to be an issue on the broker's end, which was resolved after a couple days in each case.
    Please try disabling any firewall, antivirus, or other protection software as well to see if that makes a difference.
    Unfortunately I do not have the server information. If the customer contact's their broker, they should have this information.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had our customer try the things you suggested, but they didn't seem to work. I am having him check with his broker to get the ip address of the server so I can do some path testing on our side to see if there is something broken on the way to his servers. The weird thing is, he is able to get connection occasionally at random times. If you have any other suggestions or tools that I can test with I would appriciate it.

Mike

Comment

I had our customer try the things you suggested, but they didn't seem to work. I am having him check with his broker to get the ip address of the server so I can do some path testing on our side to see if there is something broken on the way to his servers. The weird thing is, he is able to get connection occasionally at random times. If you have any other suggestions or tools that I can test with I would appriciate it.

Mike
        Hi Mike,

There are a few suggestions below:

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
        Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
        • ISP issues
        • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
        • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
        • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
        • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Please let me know if you discover the reason for the disconnects.

Thank you!

Comment

Like I said, I am with the ISP of the customer and am aware that changing IP's, firewall, etc could contribute. I however don't think these items are the case. I wish there were some built in tools or more error debugging information to go off of. The error message is a .NET exception which could mean many thing. I am still waiting to hear back from the customer about the broker.

Mike

Comment

Like I said, I am with the ISP of the customer and am aware that changing IP's, firewall, etc could contribute. I however don't think these items are the case. I wish there were some built in tools or more error debugging information to go off of. The error message is a .NET exception which could mean many thing. I am still waiting to hear back from the customer about the broker.

Mike
            Hi Mike,

If you suspect .NET issues, you could try uninstall .NET and reinstall from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ationguide.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes