Unable to connect to database error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't seem to start NT 7, this is a first for me as I use it everyday. I get the following message:

Unable to connect to database C:\...\ninjatrader.sdf. Connection string is invalid - the database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file.

However, I can't boot the app to even get into NT.

Thanks, RJ

Hello sublime,

Please rename your database with the following steps :
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost – ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/creating_a_backup_archive.htm
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Any chance at recovery with SQL Server Management Studio or some other app?

Comment

sublime,

It may be possible, but we cannot support any issues as a result. If you do not have a backup file to restore your old data from, it is recommended to rebuild through NinjaTrader to avoid future issues.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Well, it worked. It wouldn't open in SQL Studio either, so it asked to repair it. It looked fine after the repair. I loaded NT and everything booted up. Looks like I'm back in business. Thanks.

Comment

Same Problem

I am having the exact problem, database error then a screen full of errors about versions of .net being newer than what ninja uses.

The solution posted by renaming the file does not work. It creates another Database file and same error.

I am running the latest .7 build and on new computer, fresh install of windows. But have seen it happen on seasoned machines as well.

The only way to get around it is using the 32 bit version, however for testing that is not practical.

The Good News is that version .6 the problem does not occur.
            Last edited by neb1998; 11-26-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Hi neb1998,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com which includes:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of today's trace file.
              You will find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
              The file I need would be named 'trace.20111127.txt'.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same problem. Renaming the database just creates a new one and I get the same error.

Was a solution ever found for this?

Edit: Interestingly -- NT (non-64bit) opens without an error...

Comment

Originally posted by slyng View Post
                  I have the same problem. Renaming the database just creates a new one and I get the same error.

Was a solution ever found for this?

Edit: Interestingly -- NT (non-64bit) opens without an error...
                  As I said in my post, I repaired my DB using the SQL Server Management studio. It worked fine after that and didn't lose anything. I haven't had any issues since.

Comment

Hi Team

Can anyone assist me with my issue. My NT is giving me this error "Unable to write Cache Data" and then it will shut my NT down.
                    Have been going back and forth with NT Support team without a decent help or suggestion for a fix. Why is it that when ever you go to NT support, you have to beg for assistance.Is it this particular issues has never happened before in NT life that they don't know what the fix would be.

I know NT Support will remove this message asap, however they have major issues that they need to address with their Support Staff. If they are not that knowledgeable, then get rid of them and get skilled operators who know how to support and look after their customers.

Or is it NT doesn't believe in customers.

Frustrated Customer...

sharmas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post junkone
                    by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM