Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh wrote:
    "You have the lines commented out."

I am pretty dim, but when I try to compile I take out the /// marks. The reaso they are there is because it won't compile with those lines in so I have taken them out but post them here that way to show the code as is.

Which doesn't work.

And which you are not allowed to help with for reasons of company policy.

Comment

cclsys,
      I cannot see any reason why it won't work.
      I have pasted in your code from 1st post and it works fine, so probably you have accidentally removed (or added) something else along the way. One thing is for sure, the indicator only does what the code tells it to.
      Of no great importance, but you don't need the curly braces either side of the Alert(.....) method. They don't cause any problem either.
      I have renamed it TickConter2a in case you want to import it and compare.
      There is one other change made, that had nothing to do with the Alert() - I had to rename DisplayLocation to DisplayLocationA as we can't have the name twice in different indicators.
      Attached Files

Comment

MJT, well I cannot see what happened that it now DOES work, but I am grateful to you for changing it.

Next time I try something like this I will first:
        work on a copy of the original instead of the original so that then:
        I can go back to the original to double-check when things don't work right.

I still don't understand what happened, though, since when I hashed out my 3 little lines it worked fine, but when I tried to insert them it didn't.

Anyway, thanks a lot! Now I have both a sound and also I can move the text away from the strategy blurb that comes up along the bottom when running a strategy.

Comment

Support vs Help

cclsys

I understand your frustration with attempts at getting "support".
          NT is a relatively young company with limited staff resources and as it matures I think you will find it is the community members that do most of the assisting with code issues - leaving support for the bigger issues.

As a relative newbie myself I also find it very frustrating that even after reading books about C#, revising the msdn site,etc there are just adaptations to Ninja Script that you can't learn without being shown. A full reference bible would be a start!
          The F1 help is really quite basic.

Hopefully some of this will be sorted in v7.

Comment

Need Help Tweeking

I just installed this tick alert and it seems to be working but how do I change when it alerts. It seems to be alerting when the count is to 0 and I would like to be alerted when it is at lets say 200 ticks left. I went in and changed it to 200 but it still rings at 0. COuld you help me with this?

if
            (tickCount<=200)
            { Alert(
            "TickBarAlert", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Tick Bar End", "Alert1.wav", 5, Color.Black, Color.Yellow);
            }

Thanks

Comment

I put it into NT7 and it works as soon as the threshold is met. (I was using 50). And then a couple of times before the next bar forms at which point it is silent again. So I have no idea why it isn't working for you.

Frankly, I don't like the feature but if using large tick bars which take several minutes, I guess it's pretty handy. To be more universal, might be better to configure it to sound once when there is x% of the bar remaining. Anyway, sorry I can't help.

Comment

TICK COUNT DOWN Next to current Price Bar

I'd like a tick countdown that is shown right next to the price bar and MOVES with the price (to add an element of visualization on where price is at). On a tick chart, the counter would count down, but on any other chart, like a range/minute, the counter would just simply count up to whatever.

If on a tick chart, say a 377, the counter would start at 377, and count down until the new bar is formed. This would be visible right NEXT to the current price bar and MOVE with the price adjustment.

Is there anything like this? Not like the internal indicator which just sits on the bottom of the price panel and offers no visible clue as to the movement of the price while showing the TICKS REMAINING.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi dawntrader,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. I'm not aware of an indicator that works exactly like this.You may consider explaining your requirements to one of our 3rd party NinjaScript consultants, who can be hired to custom code this.
                  Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dawntrader,
                    TickCounter2 does what you decribed on a tick chart. It will not work on any other bar type. It was created in the days of Ninja 6.5, but I have just downloaded it into version 7 and it appears to work OK. Download here:'

To get the counter to follow the price, you have to select "float with price". Also make sure there is enough space to the right for the text to show.

Comment

Tickcounte3

There is a line of code for an audio alert an was wondering were I could put that in the tickcounter3 code.

Comment

Hi mktucker,

The lines 114-117 appear to be where the box is drawn with the tick count.

So on line 113 would probably be a good place.
                        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much. I put it on 113 and I get an error "cannot use local variable "tickCount" before it is declared"

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated

Comment

Hi mktucker,

Our line numbers may not be matching up.

You will want to add your code under the line:

double tickCount = ShowPercent ? CountDown ? (int)((1 - Bars.PercentComplete) * 100) : (int)(Bars.PercentComplete * 100) : CountDown ? Bars.Period.Value - Bars.TickCount : Bars.TickCount;
                            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much. I works like a charm.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Aviram Y, 08-09-2023, 09:04 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post MrHump
                              by MrHump

Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes