Strategy Analyzer: Progress Bar, responsivness, performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer: Progress Bar, responsivness, performance

I've found myself spending most of this week in the strategy analyzer program. I have a few requests;

I would like to see a progress bar for individual jobs/instruments. I find if have multiple instruments you get a progress bar for the entire batch, but not per individual job. My current jobs are taking as long as 10-20 minutes and it just feels like my computer has locked up. TradeStation has a pretty cool idea, they have number of parameters left, time remaining.

Responsiveness: I can't seem to do anything when a job is running. Even if I hit the cancel button nothing happens. The screen goes white as if the program has locked up.

Performance: This one I understand is a big favor to ask for as we are currently trying to tackle multicore at my work. Would like to see multicore support for spiting up jobs.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the suggestions. We will put them on the list of future considerations.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I found a bug. When I am browsing through the results after a backtest, when I click on the Chart tab, the chart is displayed for a split second and then goes blank. I can scroll horizonally, but the entire chart is blank.

Comment

You can reproduce this each and every time?

If yes,

- Please make sure you are on the latest version from our website
        - Can you reproduce this with our SampleMACrossOver strategy that installs with NinjaTrader?
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How might I determine if I am running the latest version? I usually upgrade when I get the notification with that loud "boing" noise when you start the app.

I will run the SampleMACrossOver strat as soon as this current one finishes.

Comment

You can check your version number by going to Help>About and the number at the top should read 6.5.1000.5 if you are on the most recent version.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can see the graph with the SampleMACrossOver strat. So perhaps it is my strategy, but why?

It does include three StrategyPlot objects. Two on Panel 2, One on Panel 3.

Comment

To double check.

- If you run your strategy on the exact same data set that you ran the SampleMACrossOver strategy you get a blank chart?
                - Can you check the log tab after you click on the chart, any error messages?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                  To double check.

- If you run your strategy on the exact same data set that you ran the SampleMACrossOver strategy you get a blank chart?
                  - Can you check the log tab after you click on the chart, any error messages?
                  Yes, same data on both strategies. No blank chart w/ Sample strat, but blank chart w/ my strat.

I checked the log tab right after I clicked the chart and there is no entry that coincides with any action in the strategy analyzer, or time. Only licensing and "automated trading disabled"

Comment

Another note about the strategy, this is a multi-instrument strategy

Comment

Could you post your strategy (File > Utilities > Export) and post an image of the strategy dialog with the settings used for the backtest.

Comment

Would you like me to use the "Mail to support" dialog box?

Comment

You can send it either way. You can post these items here or send a note listing this post.
                          JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Something interesting. When I came back from lunch, the chart that would show up blank, is now populated with a chart. I reloaded the backtest and clicked the chart tab again and it went blank, but about one minute later it populated. It must be from the fact that it is still loading the other bars objects since this is a multi-instrument strategy. The thing that threw me off was there was no loading dialog box, or hourglass cursor.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post nandhumca  
                            Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes