Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

metatrader indicator to ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metatrader indicator to ninjatrader

hi to all ninja trader pros and programers
    is there a way that we can convert metatrader indicators to ninjatrader indicator?
    anybody knows simple way??

i need this
    waddah attar explosion and i am very sad,,because i dont know how i most move my favorite indicator from mql4 to ninjatrader
    Last edited by RaminRostami; 02-26-2011, 06:44 PM.

Attached Files
    Last edited by RaminRostami; 02-26-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

RaminRostami, if there aren't any conversion available, you could contact one of our 3rd party NinjaScript consultants to code it for you.
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

nt to mt4

Hi, There is a great NT stantdard indicator called MAMA (adaptive MA) I would like to use it on MT4 can anyone get it to work for mt4?

Comment

Mama is available for metatrader.

Google Mama metatrader.

Comment

mama for MT4 sucks....NT is great

mama for MT4 is not good for me....NT is great with only one nice smooth line!

Comment

This tread was highjacked by someone else posting a different request for mama, then it was forgotten.

Does anyone know if this Waddah_Atta_Explosion indicator has been converted to Ninjatrader. If not would one you fine coders help on this?

Thanks,
              Last edited by aligator; 11-16-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nttrader1 View Post
                mama for MT4 is not good for me....NT is great with only one nice smooth line!
                please put its picture..you mean.?
                I never seen weddah attar mt4 indicator like in NINJATRADER.but weddah attar not useful indicator...I think for trade
                Last edited by RaminRostami; 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I recreated the Waddah_Atta_Explosion MT4 indicator for NT8.

Hopefully this helps some of you!

WaddahAttarExplosion indicator recreated for NinajTrader8 - JeremyBankes/WaddahAttarExplosion

Comment

Hello Jeremy Bankes,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd invite you to post this on our User App Share so other users can find it more easily.

You can submit it for the App Share here:

Upload tools and add-ons that you build to share through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi There Kate,

I didn't know about this feature. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I've made my post.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Bankes View Post
                        I recreated the Waddah_Atta_Explosion MT4 indicator for NT8.

Hopefully this helps some of you!
                        Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for translation of Waddeh to NT8. The indicator plots OK, however, none of the alerts or messages seem to work. Have you checked the indicator if it functions and actually creates Buy/Sell and Exit signals?

Perhaps, the parameters for the indicator are for a certain Forex contract or there are some limitations.

Recommend to add some comments to the indicator explaining a little about the indicator and what is trying to do, its application, parameters, and limitations. Also, since this is an indicator and not a strategy, you may want to add Draw.ArrowUP/Down for Buy/Sell signals and Draw.Text for Exits.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for translation of Waddeh to NT8. The indicator plots OK, however, none of the alerts or messages seem to work. Have you checked the indicator if it functions and actually creates Buy/Sell and Exit signals?

Perhaps, the parameters for the indicator are for a certain Forex contract or there are some limitations.

Recommend to add some comments to the indicator explaining a little about the indicator and what is trying to do, its application, parameters, and limitations. Also, since this is an indicator and not a strategy, you may want to add Draw.ArrowUP/Down for Buy/Sell signals and Draw.Text for Exits.

Cheers!
                          I purely did a language & API translation from the MT4 indicator, and have yet to do much testing with it. I was hoping to get some feedback from some wonderful people such as yourself to fix any issues! I'll look into the alerts.

Thank you for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Hi Jeremy,

Cheers!
                            Hi aligator,

I found the problem and have updated the source on my GitHub. You should now receive alerts. I'm a programmer and not much of a trader. So I can't help too much with the parameters. However they do match that of the original MT4 indicator, so if anyone knows of good documentation for that one, linking to it here would be useful.

If you find any other issues or have any suggestions I'm all ears.

~ Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Bankes View Post

Hi aligator,

I found the problem and have updated the source on my GitHub. You should now receive alerts. I'm a programmer and not much of a trader. So I can't help too much with the parameters. However they do match that of the original MT4 indicator, so if anyone knows of good documentation for that one, linking to it here would be useful.

If you find any other issues or have any suggestions I'm all ears.

~ Jeremy
                              Thanks Jeremy. I saw you posted the indicator in User Apps as a .dll file. I am sure that NinjaTrader NinjaTrader_Kane did not noticed that before publishing it, but their policy is that all custom add-ons and indicators must be open source and locked scripts are not allowed. Since the indicator is already in public I would recommend to re-publish the indicator as an open source.

I personally do not use this indicator but I recall perhaps 10 years ago it was hot in Forex community, although it is simply a momentum of the MACD indicator combined with BB band width for trendiness. Also, now that you are at it, as mentioned before you may want to include Buy/Sell/Exit markers on chart since they are more visually useful as an indicator than alerts.

Cheers!
                              Last edited by aligator; 06-11-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes