How to install custom indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi jmflukeiii,

Make sure that you're removing 'SMA1' rather than 'SMA'. (SMA is a system indicator and cannot be deleted)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I actually have an SM1, SM2 and just the original SMA. It won't let me delete any of them!

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

Can you please try removing the SMA1 file once more? It should yield a different error.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No luck...

Again, it says "You Can't Delete a System Indicator"

Comment

Hello jmflukeiii,

Can you please exit NinjaTrader and go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Indicator. Delete the SMA1.cs and SMA2.cs files.

Start NinjaTrader and check if your NinjaScript files compile without error.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you everyone, everything is working fine again and I can import.

Appreciate the help

Comment

Ninja script errors preventing installation of indicators

I am trying ti install an indicator, but get a message saying that custom ninja scripts on my computer contain programming errors which must be resolved before I can install an indicator. I haven't written any scripts recently. How can I identify which scripts are faulty?

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
                  • Open NinjaTrader
                  • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                  • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
                  • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                  • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
                  • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable to [email protected] with "ATTN: Chris Jameson in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                  1. A link to this forum thread.
                  2. A screen shot of the error message

To capture a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums -

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

import issue in nt 7

Hi
                    When i dwnload and extract a script then try and import it,i can a message that says the pc has script with programming errors in it and therefore i cannot import the script.

NOt sure how to resolved this issue?

Comment

Hello laredo787,

Can you please proceed as per the steps at post #23.

Comment

idem 23

under ...tools i show no listing for a " Edit NinjaScript " -is there some further search instruction to locate it?

Comment

This means you have Direct license key entered in NinjaTrader. Direct license keys do not include NinjaScript, so there is no 'Edit NinjaScript' selection under Tools.

Can you please send me an email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put Att Jason, How to install custom indicator?' in the subject header.

Comment

Thank you very much!!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
                            Hello omarmalik,

1. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript to open the Import NinjaScript dialog window
                            2. Select the file you want to import
                            3. Press the "Open" button

*NOTE: Prior to NinjaTrader Version 6.5, NinjaScript Archive files had the file extension .zip. These files can still be imported by following the 3 steps above.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                            2 responses
                            1 like
                            Last Post BarzTrading  
                            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH