Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator ' ' could not be serialized. Please refer help for more information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator ' ' could not be serialized. Please refer help for more information

Hello,

At some point, I could no longer save any chart templates as my indicators gave the above message when saving or loading templates without any change to them. I tried creating a new indicator and got the same message. The log entry states the same message. I enclose a brand new practically empty indicator that demonstrates the same problem. Can anyone help ? Thanks
    Attached Files

tickling, this indicator should not raise this message - have you tried with a brand new workspace and this indicator alone on one chart?

If this works, then it means you would need to step through the other ones and ensure the used properties are serialized as needed - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4977
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response

I restarted the computer, restarted NT, opened a new workspace, a new chart and I am still getting this message when trying to save the chart template with the previously attached indicator. Any idea ?

Comment

Please close NT down again, and move all workspaces out of the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > workspaces folder (just to a different folder will do, so this one is left empty).

Then restart NT and reapply the indicator fresh - still the same issue?

Comment

Did as instructed - close NT, empty workspace, restart NT, new workspace, new chart with <NONE> as template, apply the same indicator, same result . New fresh indicator, same result. Any hint ?

Comment

Then I would tip on a corrupted .NET framework, it would be helpful to reinstall this clean and retest, please uninstall from the top down to .NET 2.0 via the Windows Contron Panel, then install 3.5 from my link below -

After this is done, please check Windows Updates to be on latest possible fixes and patches for this...

Comment

I had some trouble reinstalling .NET 3.5. Microsoft support advised me to remove a folder called CatRoot2 under WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. Then the installation succeeded. However, when all that was done, NT still behaved the same as described earlier.

I then uninstalled NT and reinstall it without deleting its data directories. Still the same. Any hint ? Thanks
              Last edited by tickling; 12-01-2009, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Well I uninstalled everything, backed up and removed all of NT data files and reinstalled from new and now things seem to be in order. I will try resotring my environment in parts hope that it would not happen or will happen in a way that could be traced. If anyone is interested with the zipped trace and log files to investigate this further I have them. Thanks

Comment

tickling, this is generally a .NET issue, so I would guess the previous install was not a 100% successfull in your case. If you like you can send the trace and logs to my Attn to support at ninjatrader dot com (please zip them and if they are bigger than ~ 3 megs, YouSendIt would be good).

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post XXtrader  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  0 responses