Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

creating a ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a ATM

I have a set of condition that when met, it can generate buy or sell signals. I want to incorporate a ATM to manage my trade. I was going through the sample ATM strategy but have a hardtime putting all together. do you have a simplified, step by step considerations when writing the code for managing the entry? I was thinking to do it in ninjatrader and then opening the code and add it to my strategy... is that possible?

Hello Yandychang,

There is no step by step considerations when writing the code for managing the entry.

This will depend on your logic and there is no set way to enter an order.
    You can enter when flat, or when two indicators cross, or when its a specific time of day or any other logic you want to use. This all depends on what logic you want to use to enter the order.

There is an included SampleAtmStrategy that shows how to incorporate an Atm Strategy into a NinjaScript Strategy.
    (Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy... -> SampleAtmStrategy)

Also, all of the Atm Strategy methods are outlined in the help guide such as AtmStrategyCreate.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tegycreate.htm

Atm Strategy Methods - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gy_methods.htm
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-22-2014, 10:39 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM Strategy

Yes, I did that. I looked over it and copied what I Though I could use. I put my understanding of it, but There are some Doubts I have, I was wondering if you could clarify that for me.

One Question is:
      in the AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget method, the first 0, the manual states its the limit Order. But the limit order for what. its that the target profit? is "0" value given when one wants a stop loss only?
      thanks in advance for your help...
      Attached Files

Comment

Yandychang, correct that would be the limit value where applicable, so for a stop market order just leave at 0 as in our helpguide example as it would not be used.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bmartz
        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses