"the strategy has no parameters to optimize"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"the strategy has no parameters to optimize"

Here's a new problem I encountered today. I just wrote a new strategy, did a few backtests, and then opened a Strategy Analyzer to optimize some of my parameters.

After setting up the min value, max value, and increment for some parameters, the optimizer tells me "There are no optimization results available, since the strategy has no parameters to optimize."

Huh?? I just TOLD it what parameters to optimize.

I tried a database repair, to no avail.

Hmm. Other strategies that I've been able to optimize in the past give me the same result.

I wonder if this has to do with today being a holiday and nothing is coming in through the data feed, even though I'm connected?

Update: Seems to having nothing to do with the data feed. I shut down NinjaTrader and restarted it without connecting to Zen-Fire, and the optimization worked.

-Alex
    Last edited by anachronist; 05-28-2012, 09:27 PM.

Thanks for editing in the update Alex, if you see this again, please let me know - we've been chasing this one for a bit and would definitely like to investigate further if possible to reproduce.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have had this happen a number of times it seems to occur when the strategy analyzer is open and i have been working on other things then try to use the analyzer again.A restart seems to clear the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        Thanks for editing in the update Alex, if you see this again, please let me know - we've been chasing this one for a bit and would definitely like to investigate further if possible to reproduce.

Thanks,
        It often happens when one has NOT selected an actual instrument to optimize. For some reason, sometimes the mouse selection loses focus, and is on no instrument.

Comment

I can add some more "clues";
          1. When this happens, the "backtest" does not return results and just sits there with the "backtest in progress" message
          2. the trying to "abort" freezes at the standard "Aborting Please wait message"..
          3. restarting NT fixes until strat is edited and then, more often then not, NT requires restart...
          4. in "debug" mode, it never gets to any code...
          NOTE: seems to happen more in the 64-bit version...
          Intel I7
          16 gig ram
          All SSD drives
          Last edited by hairymug; 08-23-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I just noticed, the editor has lost it's "code-folding" , intellesense and syntax coloring...
            How odd...
            I am re-installing NT and hope it goes back to normal.
            ... after re-install everything went back as it should be and I am having no issues with optimization (for now)...
            Last edited by hairymug; 08-23-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I've been getting this error message lately as well, very frustrating having to restart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes