Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

C# question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toulouse-lautrec View Post
    i know how this feels... learned programming 20 years ago myself and now i find myself in this beatiful world of objects ....

often wondering if all these techniques are really making things so much more efficient or are we only kidding ourselves... never mind, i´m digressing

The property syntax in .NET is just sugar over a normal method(s) that you would write access the private variable in the class. You could just as well write to methods, GetShowArrows and SetShowArrows to get and set the value, but now we have this language feature that is the convention.

When I'm programming I usually access the variable directly inside the class for simplicity, unless there is code in one of the property methods that is performing an action. It's likely the compiler resolves away the overhead of a method call, so there probably isn't a difference in performance. In .Net 3.5, you can completely skip the declaration of the variable and just write the property methods, and the compiler will insert the variable for you. Saves an extra line of typing!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    117 responses
    1 like
    Last Post jculp
    by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes