Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alerts programming assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am creating another sound alert, and can use some assistance please, if anyone can offer some effective instruction or ideas.

These alerts are triggered by price achieving / crossing above below SD of VWAP, as indicated by the indicator found at thread linked below.

What I have done thus far, which NT is not recognizing, therefore not yet working, is:

I have created charts with the VWAP included.
    I have created a MarketAnalyzer, with a VWAP 1Minute column.
    I have then created an alert, based on the VWAP 1Minute, being either above/below LastPrice, or even BidPrice, or AskPrice, and this is where the program is not recognizing the value parameter, which is the trigger.

I also reversed the sequence above and created an alert that is based on LastPrice relative to iVWAP1J(Close), but the results are the same, not being recognized as a valid value, etc.

So, the question is, how can an alert be created that will sound an alert, when LastPrice achieves or surpasses (above or below) SD of VWAP?

Essestially, what I am looking for is sound notication via an alert whenever price achieves 2 and 3SD of VWAP.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Good trading

Comment

You can't compare price to indicator value directly in 6.5's Market Analyzer. You will have to program that kind of check directly into the indicator.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks for that information. I will then post a request to see if anyone cares to add sound alert functionalities to the VWAP w/SD indicator referenced.

Good trading

Comment

can't find sound folder

can someone please tell me where the sound folder is? i can't locate it anywhere. using ninja version 6.5-1000-14 thanks for all the help

Comment

It's located in the install directory - C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\sounds
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by donatella View Post
                can someone please tell me where the sound folder is? i can't locate it anywhere. using ninja version 6.5-1000-14 thanks for all the help
                How I located it was through a search.

Click Start, then Search, then select All Files and Folders, and type Sounds in the Search dialog box. It may take a couple of minutes to complete, then all files and folders that contain sounds in their names will populate the search results.

From there, the NT 6.5 Sounds folder can be viewed, opened, etc.

BTW, I copied pasted some additional sound wav files into the NT Sounds folder, and then selected them as the alert sounds, for specific alerts, and it is working well. I have tried to keep the new sounds files small in size, as they seem to get big in a hurry beyond 5-8 seconds recording time.

Good trading

Comment

thank you jack

Comment

Sound Alerts

A while ago I worked on a tick indicator which gives sound alerts when levels of the tick are exceeded. It is a modification of one of the Price alert indicators on the forum, to allow a specific sound file to be selected from a drop down list in the indicator menu.

The location of the sound files have to be hard coded into the indicator, hopefully this will give you some ideas.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Alert for Custom Indicator

The MAxOver custom indicator produces a buy or sell signal whenever the user defined moving averages cross. Is there a way to create an audible alert whenever a buy or sell signal is generated? Is this something that can be programmed through the market analyzer?

Comment

edleal, welcome to the forums - unfortunately not, you would either need to custom code this in an indicator to alert you, or setup a strategy to accomplish this (does not have to take trades, just producing the alerts) -

Comment

Custom Indicator Alert

Thanks for your response Bertrand but I have no idea how to do that. Do you have any suggestions about where I can go to learn how to program an alert into an existing indicator, or to employ someone to do it for me? Thanks...

Comment

Best place to start would be the indicator tutorials we have - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

After your familiar with basic indicator, you can check into the code MicroAl shared for code samples on alerts.

If you look for a programmer to do this for you, please contact a NinjaScript consultant - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Sound Alerts

edleal

Looking at the code briefly, I think its just a question of adding a couple of lines of code. However these things always turn out to be more complicated than they first look!

I will try to have something for you by Monday.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes