Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaped internet connection

Hi,

I'll be moving at the end of the year from Switzerland to South Africa - Cape Town. I currently have a Zen-Fire connection to AMP.

Having heard a lot of things about Internet connection in South Africa such as shapped network traffic. I was wondering what protocol does Ninja use to establish its connection and should I be worried by a shaped connection, see below

Thanks,
    Phil

About the shaped service

This service, which offers identical service levels to the 3GB ADSL accounts offered by Telkom, is shaped according to protocol and therefore provides the main priority to HTTP, which is the protocol assigned to most Internet websites. This service is therefore mainly designed for surfing the web and retrieving or sending email.
    All international HTTP traffic is transparently cached for uncapped ADSL users. With this service all international un-cached data is shaped. The following un-cached protocols are prioritised on the network: HTTP (in certain cases HTTP is not cached due to website incompatibilities), HTTPS, FTP. Mail (POP3 and IMAP), SSH and TELNET. This means that protocols not mentioned above will receive a lower priority on the network.

Unfortunately this is not our area of expertise. Thus we would be unable to provide support or guidance. You would need to try on your own.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    115 responses
    1 like
    Last Post kevinenergy  
    Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH