Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Order Management--Order Via Strategy and SuperDOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Management--Order Via Strategy and SuperDOM?

Can I have a Strategy actively running on Instrument "A" (whatever) that will place a limit order and then can I manually place an additional order on Instrument A through a SuperDOM whether the Strategy order is pending, open or filled? I know that with two SuperDOMs I can do this if both of the SuperDOM Properties ATM Strategy selection modes are set to "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly."

Yes, you can manually trade on the same instrument as you autotrade on. However be careful not to cancel strategy generated orders as it can prevent the strategy from working as intended.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I understand correctly, you are saying that if I have an order in process under a Strategy and I manually enter another order on the same instrument using a SuperDOM, if I click on "CLOSE" in the SuperDOM or right click on the SuperDOM and click on "Cancel All Orders" or "Flatten Everything" it will not only close the order I have manually entered in the SuperDOM, but it will also cancel any order pending or in process under the Strategy? If I am correct, then I must let my manually entered order play out (reach its target or stop loss) in order to prevent closing the strategy order (pending or in process)?

Comment

Correct, you want to be careful not to cancel orders that the strategy generated / placed. If you want to cancel those the safe way is to stop your strategy (closing the chart it was placed on, or pressing the stop button in the strategies tab).

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader  
        Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes