Charts save question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts save question

Let's say I create a workspace ABC and several charts in that workspace, and then save workspace ABC.

If I subsequently exit NT and and answer 'No to all' to the save workspace query, my charts in workspace ABC should still be there the next time I open that workspace, correct?

Hi, thanks for your post.

That is correct. The 'No to All' command is not going to override the initial save that you made to the workspace. No to All in this case would simply skip any changes you might have made to that workspace in between the first save and closing NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Thanks.

I have a couple of workspaces that used to have charts. I saved these workspaces with the charts in them and never closed the charts. But when I open these workspaces, I cannot see the charts; if I hover over the taskbar icon (running NT 7 on Windows 7), the charts don't show there either.

Since exiting NT without saving a workspace containing previously saved charts doesn't delete those charts, I'm guessing there is some way to access these charts that I'm overlooking?
      Last edited by dolomite; 12-22-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Did you close the charts prior to saving them as a part of a workspace? This can also happen as a result of using the 'Close all windows' function within Windows that can be seen via the right-click menu when right-clicking on the NinjaTrader icon in the taskbar. Closed windows will not be saved as a part of a workspace - you'll need to leave any windows that you want to save in a workspace open, in the way that you want them to open upon future openings of that workspace.

If not, you might be facing some form of workspace corruption. In that case, you'd need to restore from either a NinjaTrader backup archive, if you've made one, or a Windows backup to recover.

Here is a link to our help guide article on restoring a NinjaTrader backup archive:

Restoring a Backup Archive

Here is a video provided by Microsoft that covers how to backup and restore from a Windows backup:

Backup and Restore

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
          Did you close the charts prior to saving them as a part of a workspace? This can also happen as a result of using the 'Close all windows' function within Windows that can be seen via the right-click menu when right-clicking on the NinjaTrader icon in the taskbar.
          I'm pretty sure I didn't close them before saving the workspace, but not sure what else would explain it. I definitely didn't use the "Close all windows" function as I wasn't aware of its existence until your post.

In any event, I did have a NT backup I was able to go to and got my charts back, so all is well. I'll just have to pay more attention and see if this issue recurs or if it was just operator error.

Thanks for the help and for confirming my understanding of the chart save behavior.

Comment

I have the same issue and it is inconsistent. Sometimes it save sometimes it doesn't. This is getting very frustration to have to rebuild everything from scratch. With the number of threads on this subject, it is obviously an error with the platform. This needs to be corrected.

Comment

Hello*demo146470,

Are you able to reproduce this? *If so, what actions do you take?

Please send us your workspace, log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support, checking the box 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following in the body of the email:*http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...81&postcount=6
              Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No prompt to save?

I just spent 2 hours building a multiple timeframe chart.
                I inadvertently clicked on the X instead of minimize.
                I didn't save a template or the workspace. Yes, yes, I know.
                Am I out of luck? Do I have to start from scatch.
                Shouldn't NT have prompted me to save or something?
                Most programs do.

Andor

Comment

Hello*Andor1999,

You will need to rebuild the chart if you did not save a workspace or template of the chart.

I will forward your vote to have a prompt come up anytime a window is closed to our development team.*
                  Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought that would be the answer.
                    Yes, please forward it to development.
                    That's a terrible flaw!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Andor

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
                    Hello*Andor1999,

You will need to rebuild the chart if you did not save a workspace or template of the chart.

I will forward your vote to have a prompt come up anytime a window is closed to our development team.*

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post drewski1980  
                    Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rdtdale