repair nt7 installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repair nt7 installation

is there a way to repair without affecting the database of workspace and other files?

I ran a cleaup utility and i think the problem is it deleted temp files in applications - but it appears nt7 relies on some tempfiles for the help. So everything works except the help.

I need to get the help back.

any suggestions?

Hi, thanks for your post.

I'm not sure I understand your first question. You might need to clarify that one. Do you mean repairing your database? The Repair Database function (under Control Center > Options > Data > Repair DB) is non-destructive and does not affect any information contained within your database.

As far as how to repair your NinjaTrader installation, along with your Help function, you'll need to reinstall NinjaTrader to restore the files that were removed by the cleanup utility. The installer is at the following link - just plug in your license key:

NinjaTrader Download

Simply run the downloaded installer, then when it prompts you, select the 'Repair' option. This will not harm any of your workspaces, indicators, and so on.

In the event the installer above gives you any problems in restoring your installation, you may need to first run this Microsoft Fix It utility to restore NinjaTrader's uninstaller file:

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

Press “Run Now” and run from location.

Once the Fix it Tool has launched Accept the Microsoft terms.

Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply -> Once the scan has finished select Uninstalling

Select NinjaTrader 7 from the list -> Select all check boxes -> Next -> “Yes, try uninstall”

Once complete it will either give a successful or error message and the utility can be closed out.

After the utility has been run and NinjaTrader has been removed, attempt to reinstall NinjaTrader as you did above.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

no, no problems with database only with the help (when launched externally - i.e. not from within ninjatrader but from start menu)

right before these screens it says "please wait while windows configures ninjatrader"
      Attached Files

Comment

In that case, follow these instructions in order to restore the temporarily files that were destroyed by the cleanup utility, as the Help utility is going to rely on the presence of these files:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post

As far as how to repair your NinjaTrader installation, along with your Help function, you'll need to reinstall NinjaTrader to restore the files that were removed by the cleanup utility. The installer is at the following link - just plug in your license key:

NinjaTrader Download

Simply run the downloaded installer, then when it prompts you, select the 'Repair' option. This will not harm any of your workspaces, indicators, and so on.

In the event the installer above gives you any problems in restoring your installation, you may need to first run this Microsoft Fix It utility to restore NinjaTrader's uninstaller file:

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

Press “Run Now” and run from location.

Once the Fix it Tool has launched Accept the Microsoft terms.

Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply -> Once the scan has finished select Uninstalling

Select NinjaTrader 7 from the list -> Select all check boxes -> Next -> “Yes, try uninstall”

Once complete it will either give a successful or error message and the utility can be closed out.

After the utility has been run and NinjaTrader has been removed, attempt to reinstall NinjaTrader as you did above.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tsantospinto  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able