Collapse

need advice on breakeven stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand but How can I send you my logs via the control center as NT crashes as soon as I try to open it !

Comment

Hello,
      My apoliges for my previous statement. Please send a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to your response, so I may investigate this matter further.
      You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
      The log file will be named "log.20141218.txt"
      You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
      The trace file will be named "trace.20141218.txt
      I look forward to assisting you.
      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I am a bit puzzled....again
        Regularly, I would say every 2 to 3 months, my NT stops working. When I launch the software, I get a message that says "Ninjatrader ceases to work", then windows closes the opening process.
        Last time I got this, support advised me to recreate my universe, as it could have been corrupted. I did, and it worked fine, but once again, problem is here again. ....It is the 4 or 5 times in less than a year.
        I don't have time to re-install NT every 2 months and recreate from scrach my parameters, charts, windows etc etc Its too time consuming, and especially, one day, I will go out with an open position and when I try to open my NT, il will crash again.

Just a note, my workspace is everything except complicated : 3 charts and a market analyser with 3 markets, no dom, no fancy charts with tons of indicators. Very basic stuff.

Please help as this situation is stressfull.
        Thanks
        gwen

Comment

Hello,
          Please send your log and trace files to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com so that we can investigate further.
          You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
          • The log file will be named "log.20150219.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
          • The trace file will be named "trace.20150219.txt"

I look forward to assisting you.

Comment

High and Low

Hello ,

I have a kind request for the team : how may I get an indicator that just plot (with a line on the chart for instance) the daily high and low of the active session.
            Does this simple indicator already exist by any chance ?

thanks a lot for your time
            gwen

Comment

Hello,
              The CurrentDayOHL Indicator prebuilt in NinjaTrader would achieves this.
              This indicator plots a line at the Open, The High and the Low for the current day.
              To add this indicator you will right click on the chart> select indicators> select CurrentDayOHL from the indicator list on the left> Press New> Configure the settings to your personal preference> Press OK.

Comment

Bid ask on Chart trader

Hello all,

just may be an odd question, but is it possible to hide the bid/ask/size that is on the chart trader, under ATM STRATEGY.
                I ask because I am attracted by this "noise" and would prefer to watch the chart and only the chart. ;-)))

Best
                gwen

Comment

Hello,
                  There is not an option to remove the Bid and Ask that appears in the Chart Trader panel.
                  I have submitted a feature request to our development team for consideration for this to be implemented into future versions of NinjaTrader.

Comment

NT does not start

Hello

I am a bit puzzled. I have been a long user of NT, and sometimes now, NT does not start when I launch it. There is a process running on windows tasks but NT stays blank. So, I need to kill the process one or two times each time, then NT starts correctly but its time consuming.
                    Have you a clue regarding this ?
                    thanks for your time
                    gwen

Comment

So I may look into this further please send a note to Platformsupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                      1.) A link to this forum thread.
                      2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Question regarding 2 lots

Hello,

I have a question but I do not know if it is feasible with NT risk management.

I enter with 2 lots :
                        stop loss for the two lots @ -10 ticks
                        If market moves in favor +5 ticks, stop loss for two lots @ -5 ticks
                        If market moves in favor +10 ticks , lot 1 is exited for +10.....and (thats here its tricky), I want stop loss lot 2 goes back from -5 to -10 ticks.

Idea is to be tight until +5, then leave more room after +10 (as lot 1 has rewarded +10, lot 2 is in "free trade" situation.

Hope I have been clear :-))

Best
                        Thanks you for your time.
                        gwen

Comment

Hello gwenael,

Thanks for writing in.
                          Attached I have provided screen shots of your desired parameters.

How this will work is after 5 ticks in your favor, step 1 of auto trail will move your stop loss for both lots to -5 ticks.
                          After 10 ticks in your favor Target 1 will fill and Step 2 of the Auto Trail will move your Stop Loss 10 ticks behind the current price (breakeven). The Frequency of 999 will ensure this move only occurs once.

The Profit Target of zero on Target 2 indicates this target is a runner.

Below I have provided links to the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail sections of our help guide.
                          Auto Breakeven: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._breakeven.htm
                          Auto Trail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...auto_trail.htm

Below I have provided a link to the ATM 201 & 301 recorded trainings from our YouTube channel.
                          ATM 201: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXP...DD7105&index=6
                          ATM 301: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZUO...DD7105&index=7

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
                          Attached Files

Comment

pb of connection

Hello,

All this week, I suffered the following pb, with incapacity to place a trade.
                            NT opens normally (connection with rithmic in green), then a moment later, it becomes orange then red. It is the first time since I use NT that it happens like this.
                            So, I could not do anything this week with NT.
                            My internet connection is fine with good upload and download.

Please help.

Comment

Hello gwenael,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Chris S" in the body of the response.

The log file will be named "log.20160930.txt"

The trace file will be named "trace.20160930.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

commissions

Hello

I had to install again NT because it crashed at the open.
                                But now, I do not remember how to put the level of commissions. I read the FAQ but when I enter 1.84 $ (fee for a future contract), I have this error message show in the capture enclosed.

Please may you help me on this.
                                Thanks
                                Gwen
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes