Elipses on tick charts distorted after session restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elipses on tick charts distorted after session restore

If I have a drawn item, say an ellipse, on a tick chart (512 tick) that has the right side beyond the current time, on a restore or reload of the workspace, it is distorted. I see by looking in the workspace .xml file the elipse is specified by start and end time. But these are not well defined in a tick chart when one of the define pts is to the right of the current time. I see that other platforms (oecry) save drawn objects on tick charts with a offset parameter to solve this problem.

I think your xml representation for drawn items on the tick chart is not sophisticated enough to deal with items with defining pts in the future.

Is there a workaround? It seems that on restore of a workspace I'm having to redraw every object (on tick charts) that had a define pt to the right of the time at which the workspace was saved.

Hello kinderlich,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for drawing objects with a define point beyond the current time on the chart.

However, this is due to the fact that drawing objects do not get saved to charts unless they are saved as part of a workspace, rather than the chart.

With the release of NinjaTrader 7 the drawing objects can be saved to a chart. Please see the following link for more information.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes