X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle Stick Patterns Redux

Made this work in 7. Here you go

The one below is for 6.5

My eyes lit up when I saw CSP recognition as a new indicator. I was much disapointed when I saw it was only one at a time.

So I "fixed it up". Now it will display ALL the patterns it finds.

It's quite busy. They overlap alot. I did my best to stack them when multiple patterns are found. And I did filter out some redundancy. I'm open to suggestions on how to filter out more.

This probably is not useful for live trading - you decide. But at least it will serve as an educational tool. Possibly when trading you could delete or move the text boxes as they pop up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by goldfly; 05-08-2010, 10:02 PM.

Well knock me over with a feather. How did I miss that CSPR from PRtester back in January? Guess I was not paying attention.

Well I guess this one is still valid, though it may have been unneccessary.

Comment

NinjaScript Programming Errors

Hello.

When I try to import CSP, I'm getting message that programming errors is preventing the import.

Are you having any problems when you import CSP ?

Regards,
      R. C. Singleton

Comment

Originally posted by goldfly View Post
        Well knock me over with a feather. How did I miss that CSPR from PRtester back in January? Guess I was not paying attention.

Well I guess this one is still valid, though it may have been unneccessary.

Well, this NT version and your Mod is a loooooot more efficient that the version I post, so keep the good work guys.

Regards

Comment

Compiler Error CS1501

I ran the compiler against CandleStickPatternAll.cs and I'm getting compiler error CS1501. There is something it doesn't like about the number of parameters passed to DrawText().

Indicator\CandleStickPatternAll.cs No overload for method 'DrawText' takes '12' arguments CS1501 - click for info 92 7

I'm at NinjaTrader 6.5.0.10.

What NT version do you have this code running on ?

Comment

Try the release version NT6.5.1000.1.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I'm running the release version. Maybe that's it.

Comment

Latest Release

Yes. Release 6.5.1 did the trick.

Comment

Candle Stick Patterns 'Goldilocks' version

I liked the concept of this indicator but found it slightly too 'busy' for my tastes.

I filtered out a few of the most common patterns which I found were most responsible for the cluttering and also the least useful.

The following patterns have been 'muted' in this version (they are still detected but not displayed):

BearishBeltHold
                  BearishHarami
                  BearishHaramiCross
                  BullishBeltHold
                  BullishHarami
                  BullishHaramiCross
                  Doji

I also changed the text color so bullish patterns are shown in blue, and bearish patterns in red.

It's basically a hack job because I don't really know what I'm doing yet, so if anyone finds this modification useful, feel free to recreate the changes if you know a better way.

I'm still finding there are a lot of false signals with this indicator and think it could be improved by adding a secondary trend detection algorithm for confirmation, but that's out of my league unfortunately.

It would also be nice if spinning top and marubozu patterns could be detected, but again, that's beyond my ability...

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for this, I will check it out.

Comment

Key Reversal Bars

Hello all,

Firstable, I would like to thanks very much all the great contributors.

It would be very helpful to add also in the Elliott wave's list some of the best KEY reversal bars because stastitically, these patterns are MORE than 70 % profitables !!!

This is below some key reversal bars examples :

1) Bullish Double bar low with HIGHER close : double bar with the SAME low (exact low or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar) with close ABOVE the previous bar high.

2) Bearish Double bar high with LOWER close : double bar with the same high (exact high or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar) with close BELOW the previous bar low

3) Bullish Outside bar : a bar with a low below the previous bar's low and a close above the previous bars high. Adjustable color choice, for example green.

4) Bearish Outside Bar: a bar with a high above the previous bar's high and a close below the previous bars low. Adjustable color choice, for example red.

5) Double Bullish Matching High : double bars with the same HIGH (exact high or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar)

6) Double Bearish Matching Low : double bars with the same LOW (exact low or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar)

Thanks for your attention

Happy trading and take care

Have a nice week end

Angel

* For all of these patterns, if there are inside bars between DOUBLE bars high/low or outside bars, patterns are also valides

Comment

Elliott Wave,

Do you know of anyone who could add the Marubozu to your CandleStickPatternMulti zip?

Thank you for your time,

GarryM

Comment

Made this work in 7. Here you go

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=1&id=305

Comment

abbreviation

I think if the ability to change font and the ability to abbreviate the different patterns in the property section of this indicator is given to the user then he can set it up in a way as to have the least amount of clutter. I don't know if this is a big deal but one programmer I hired a few times seem to be able to do such things with ease. I hope a good programmer can do this for all of us trying to use this indicator. Thank you.

Please note I am not saying the user can not do the above abbreviation by clicking on each text and change it to a different fond or abbreviate it, I know this can already be done, but what I am saying is for the user to be able to do the abbreviation in the properties of the indicator to his like so that he does not have to do it on the chart every time.

In the attached picture I manually abbreviated shooting star as ss and doji a d and made the font smaller to size 8 (from 12). This took a lot of key strokes but if I could set this up in the properties once and then let it go, I would be quite happy with that.

I am experimenting with the original indicator that in Ninja called candle stick pattern and I am finding one of the best things would have been to have the ability to simply have the option of not having any text and simply have the candle color be different. If anyone can add this to the original indicator it would be great since the trader can the choose which patterns he wants to see (perhaps only 3 or 4) then add multiple instances of the indicator and if he prefers have no text and only candle color. He should be able to distinguish what is what based on the candle colors since there are only a few choices.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by bijan; 07-09-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks for you effort could you find the Marabouz candle pattern
                              my e mail [email protected]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes