Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja don't draw new candlesticks

Hello,
    I've a desktop computer Mac with Parallels 9 (Windows 7 Home Premium), and I have Ninja Trader 7 installed with Continuum. It's a demo version of Ninja Trader Brokerage.
    The connection is OK when I open my workspace. My instrument manager is Future of mini sp500 (ES 09-14).
    I've six charts open (temporary in: 1 day, 240 minutes, 60 minutes, 15 minutes, 3 minutes and 1 minutes) more Control Center in my display. In all my charts I've installed the indicator Bartimer.
    When I open my workspace, all graphics are working fine, but when a candle finished, then Ninja don't draw the new candlestick and the price stopped.
    The first chart finished is logically the 1 minute, after 3 minutes, 15 minutes, etc ... and so to the final, when all my charts are stopped.
    For example, if after 3 minutes the candle is finished and I have the Bartimer (Time remaining: 00: 00:00) and hit the button on the Control Center >File> Utilities> Data Replay Download, I updated the chart (in this example of 3 minutes) and Bartimer indicator works again for 3 minutes and I see how the price moves in real time, but if I don't push the bottom Data Replay Reload, the price is stopped when the candlestick finished.
    I'm not sure that I have configured wrong, but my internet is OK, because I have the connection wired and a speed of 20 Mb.
    I need help about this situation.
    Thanks a lot.
    Antoni

Hello Antoni,

Thanks for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

If you load the ES 09-14 into the Time & Sales window does it's time stamps match your current time?
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon,

- Ninja version: 7.0.1000.25

- Connected: Ninja Trader Continuum

- Any error in the screen. Log OK.

- Time & Sales window is without data, it's in white.

Thanks,

Antoni

Comment

Hello Antoni,

Thanks for your reply.

Please disconnect and go to Tools>Options>Data>Reset Instruments
        Restart NinjaTrader and test again
        Was the ES 09-14 added to the Time & Sales window? You need to right click on the Time & Sales window and select Instruments> Es 09-14 to add it
        If this still is blank you may not be enabled. Please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to look into this further if the above does not resolve.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon,

I followed your instructions and I reset the instruments. When the Time & Sales window is open and the instrument manager is selected (ES 09-14 ), then Ninja trader works correctly. I suppose that I need always open this window (T&S) to update the BarTimer when I'm working with the graphics.

Brandon, thanks for the help.

Antoni

Comment

I also had this problem and performing the 'Reset Instruments' fixed it. Good work!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rtwave