Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live + Simulation

Hi,

I have 2 PC, if I buy live license, can I use in the second PC actual simulation license?
    Single broker license has the multi data feed connections? (ex. IQFeed, eSignal ..)
    If I buy lifetime licence, the upgrade are free? For how long time?

Thanks

Hi,

You can use the simulation license key on your second computer and use your live license on the first computer.

The single broker license has access to data feed connections, such as IQFeed, eSignal, OpenTick and Yahoo.

All future upgrades and versions are included in the lifetime license.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am going to subscribe to a monthly $60 a month to see how it goes. I would like to know, can I have (Sim) simulation trading with live market prices through my broker using patsystem feed. Baisclily if I dont want to trade live I do have the option to trade Simwith live prices coming through

Thank You

Comment

Hello,
        Yes, you do have the option to sim trade with your live license. You can do this two ways:
        -File>check Global Simulation Mode, and this will keep everything in sim mode.
        -Select a sim account in the drop down menu in your order window.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So I want to continue to use Ninja with my simulation key on my current machine to do backtesting/optimization, but I want to install Ninja on a second computer to use with the live license for auto -trading with TWS. When I do the download on the new computer do I do it as an existing customer and put in my live license key #? Will the download be "the whole package" I will need on the new machine?
          Thx

Comment

Hi Bkout,

The versions that you download are the same. You can download and enter your free license on one and your live on the other.
            Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you have 2 of the same version of ninja trader installed on your pc? One with a valid license, and one with the 90 day sim license?

I know it sounds wierd, but I and a partner are trading on the same account. Most of the time will be different time periods, but occasionally one will want to sim trade while the other is trading live. I know we both can not be logged into account at same time....thus the question about having two different shortcuts on the same pc. One for sim only temp account...and the other shortcut for valid live account.

Any suggestions? Thanks
              JP

Comment

Hello Fritztx,

Thank you for your post.

There can only be one version of NinjaTrader installed on the PC. You could, however, switch the license key between your live key and your free key.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

I have a similar question. If I have two separate hard drives installed on the same desktop, would there be any reason why I couldn't run the live version on one drive, like it is now [on my F drive], and install and run a demo on my secondary [G drive]? I would only be running once instance at a time.

I have other programs running like this but I want to make sure that there wouldn't be any conflicts first before I download and install the demo to the secondary drive.

Thank you,

V.

Comment

Hello,

Usually you can only operate NT from the default drive for your computer - where My Documents are saved, etc.

However you are welcome to give it a try and see if it works. You can alway remove it if it does not work.
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    168 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sidlercom80  
                    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes