Time scale format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time scale format

I have a workspace that includes a 3350 volume, a 7500 volume and a 22500 volume chart of ES. Today when the workspace loaded the format of the time scale on the 22500 was hh:mm:ss, while the format on the other two charts was the expected hh:mm. I liked that hh:mm:ss format so I started poking around with the 7500 chart for a bit to see if I could get it to appear there. Then I looked back at the 22500 chart, and the format had changed to hh:mm. (Wish I'd actually seen it change, but I didn't.)

Frankly I liked the hh:mm:ss format. Why did it appear? Why did it disappear? And is there a way to specify that format?

Hello MikeInMA,

Thank you for your post.

To see the Seconds please expand the X-Axis. To expand and compress time on the X-Axis with the steps below.
    • Move your mouse to the X-Axis
    • Hold down your left mouse button
    • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse to the left to expand time
    • While holding down the left mouse button move to the right to compress time
    Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In passing, let me point out that you gave me instructions for expanding and compressing the time scale, not for changing the format of the entries on the time scale. In other words, if I want to see seconds, I have to hope the seconds appear when the time scale is something I can live with. It seems like there should simply be a way to specify the desired format of the time entries!

Meanwhile, I can't say that I agree that expanding the time axis is a viable method for getting the hh:mm:ss time format. Note the following screen shots. One is your basic, vanilla 10000 volume chart of ES. The second shows how much I had to expand it before the seconds appeared. Not very useful!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ES Initial.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	857601 Click image for larger version

Name:	ES with seconds.jpg
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	857602

Then I noticed the following while working on a 22500 volume chart of ES. My basic chart had the time format as hh:mm. But if I hit the right arrow and shifted the chart by one bar, I got hh:mm:ss. And I could alternate: Left arrow, back to unshifted chart, seconds disappear. Right arrow, seconds reappear. And so on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22500 normal.jpg
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	857599 Click image for larger version

Name:	22500 Shift left.jpg
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	857600

This is feeling a little wacky....

Comment

Mike, thank you for the comments. I have forwarded this thread to the developers as a suggestion.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        15 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
        1 response
        0 likes