Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARKET REPLAY - Doesn't Work

Hi There,

I downloaded multiple market replay data for 12 currency pairs from Oktober 2013 till now. I backtested the first 6 currency pairs and everything worked fine. Now I tried to backtest the last 6 pairs, but market replay is not working anymore.

I've got the hinstorical market replay charts setup. I see the bars, but when I play, the price is not moving. Also at a speed of 500 there is nothing happening. I tried this on different dates, but still no movement. So what could be the problem.

Thanks, Thowe

Hello Thowe,

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

Please right click the Market Replay control window and select 'Available Data'. Click the plus icon in front of one of the forex instruments and check for what dates and times you have data. If you do not click the plus icon, it can seem you have all data between the From and To dates.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can't download ANY data. Keeps saying there is no replay data avalible for ANY instrument I select .

What am I doing wrong?

Also when I connect to the market replay sever the download data option is greyed out.

Comment

Hello magel,

Thank you for writing in.

Can you give me some examples so that I can attempt to reproduce the scenario? What date were you attempting to download? What instrument? What expiry (such as ES 12-14, ES 09-14, CL 11-14, etc.)?

Additionally, you cannot download replay data while you are connected. The option being greyed out while connected is by design.

I look forward to your reply.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any Forex pair wont download. No matter what day I pick.

And yes when connected to market replay server the option to download data is greyed out.

This is from new install. I have changed no other options from install.

Comment

Hello magel,

Thanks for your reply.

You may have been previously been connected to a backup server. I have tested and verified I can download and replay forex data at this time.
            Please restart and test once again.
            If this does not work please write into platforsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to set up a remote call and look into this further.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did not work. Downloading data flashes briefly down the bottom right hand corner then nothing. When I connect to the replay connection the arrows to control the speed don't even show up now. Have tried re-installing and same problems.

Beyond my expertise at this point so I'm looking into other platforms. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Hello magel,

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds like the download is working and you will just need to resolve the replay controller.

Please exit NinjaTrader and delete the _Workspaces.xml document from the following directory to restore the replay controller.
                (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
                This will not delete your workspaces however if you have a workspace saved as Untitled1.xml, after restarting NinjaTrader please exit again without saving the workspace. Reopening NinjaTrader again will restore your Untitled1.xml workspace.
                Any other workspaces may be opened by going to File> Workspaces> Open Workspace.

Comment

Hi NT,

Is it possible to do a market replay where you progress one bar at a time?
                  Use case:
                  Ichimoku clouds - there is a part of the indicator which draws itself in the future, so market replay is necessary.

Problem with NT replay is the speed settings are not flexible enough. 500x speed may prove too slow for weekends/evenings, and a "discrete" speed of x bars/<user-command> is missing. An option to move ahead (manually, by a button click for ex) one bar at a time would be much appreciated when one wants to practice and control the replay speed/behavior.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by andrei.reiand View Post
                    Hi NT,

Is it possible to do a market replay where you progress one bar at a time?
                    Use case:
                    Ichimoku clouds - there is a part of the indicator which draws itself in the future, so market replay is necessary.

Problem with NT replay is the speed settings are not flexible enough. 500x speed may prove too slow for weekends/evenings, and a "discrete" speed of x bars/<user-command> is missing. An option to move ahead (manually, by a button click for ex) one bar at a time would be much appreciated when one wants to practice and control the replay speed/behavior.

Thanks
                    NT8 has a 1000x and MAX mode in "Playback".

Comment

Hello andrei.reiand,

Thanks for your post.

There is not an option to update per bar as this is calculated different between tick chart and minute charts for example. Additionally one of the benefits of replay is the ability to get intra bar data.
                      Sledge is correct that there is a max mode however in NinjaTrader 8 which may fit your needs.

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the answer. I guess a good workaround would be the Pause button should do what it's supposed to do - pause and resume replay from the previous SET speed.
                        One irritating thing in NT7 Playback is pause will reset the replay speed to x1 - I did not find a workaround to keep the resume speed to x500 - please, let me know if there is one.

As an enhancement, I think it would be great to replay bar by bar. This allows you to use the chart-trader and actually simulate trades while you fully control the pace and speed (in bars not ticks) of your simulation.

Thanks

Comment

That is the one bad thing about replay in NT7 with Pause. You have to click your mouse back up to 500x. I would not expect any changes in NT7 as I remember complaining about this a couple years ago.

In NT8, either un-pause works(resumes0 or hitting Play again resumes current speed, so it should no longer be an issue.

Comment

Hi Sledge,

Glad to know un-pause in NT8 was fixed in the sense it resumes with previously set speed. To me this was an usability flaw rather than a design choise.

Any chance you know to what extent NT8 will work/integrate with code developed in Visual Studio ... and to what extent one can add external functionality (DLLs, NET code) like Database connection or access to custom data like fundamentals with external code from within an indicator/strategy?

Thx

Comment

There were some comments by NT_Ray in his big mike videos on NT8.

I don't use visual studio - but it appears there is some nice integration.

Check out this nt8 post on it:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post drewski1980  
                              Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes