SIM Limit orders executing as market orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM Limit orders executing as market orders

I noticed that SIMulated limit orders (using zen-fire) are executing at the market. Any known issues?

Are you by chance placing the limit above the market on the buy side or below on the sell side?

That will make the order a marketable limit order because the current trading price is a better fill.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, these are stop limit orders either above the market or below the market. When they are triggered or touched, they execute at the market for some reason, not at the limit price.

Comment

Make sure you are placing these with a middle mouse click.

If you are then I would suggest reseting your simulator by going to Tools--> Options--> Simulator.

Comment

Jessica, Eric posted this on my behalf. The limit orders im placing are being filled at the market price if they are close to the limit price. Either above or below the market. This problem did not start developing until late yesterday (Oct 1, 2008) Say the price is 1134.75 for ES 12-08. I set a Buy Limit at 1133.75 and am automatically filled at 1134.75. The control center tells me I bought at 1133.75 and when i look at the chart it tells me 1 @ 1134.75. This same problem has happened using the control center to enter orders, the Basic Order Entry, and Static SuperDOM. This problem has also been occurring on the TS as well. Are the sim accounts lagging behind the market?

Comment

yes they are middle mouse click orders. For instance I went short ( stop limit order) at 10590 and got filled at 15089.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinJM View Post
              Jessica, Eric posted this on my behalf. The limit orders im placing are being filled at the market price if they are close to the limit price. Either above or below the market. This problem did not start developing until late yesterday (Oct 1, 2008) Say the price is 1134.75 for ES 12-08. I set a Buy Limit at 1133.75 and am automatically filled at 1134.75. The control center tells me I bought at 1133.75 and when i look at the chart it tells me 1 @ 1134.75. This same problem has happened using the control center to enter orders, the Basic Order Entry, and Static SuperDOM. This problem has also been occurring on the TS as well. Are the sim accounts lagging behind the market?

What he said.

Comment

Hello AustinJM and ericadam,

Can you please verify you submit limit orders or stop limit orders. Ericadam you state stop limit order, however in AustinJM's example he submits a buy limit order below the market, which must be a limit order since a stop limit order will generate an error message.

Could it be you have "SO" in green displayed in the SuperDOM?

Did your price marker display in yellow for the limit order?
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

The limit order is executed immediately upon hitting the Buy limit or Sell limit. Thus making it a market order EVEN THOUGH my limit order price has not been reached by the actual market or any Bid/Ask. I was using the Sim account for five days before this problem started occurring. I have not changed what I was doing, it just started executing my orders at market price. Again, the Control Panel told me my Limit order was executed at Limit Price (1 @ 1.220) magically, considering the price was not even close. When I looked at the charts the chart told me that my order was for 1 @ 1.234 (market price)

It's as if I am not even selecting the Limit option. When it does magically & immediately execute my limit order, my profit/loss reflect that of having been entered at market and not the difference from Limit -> Market.

EricAdam was trading live with no problems using Limits, but then tried placing a Sim Limit and experienced the same problem. It is not a matter of user error. This problem occurred in SuperDOM, Control Panel, Basic Order Entry for multiple instruments.

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Jason is already offline for the day but if you can send your log file to us at support AT ninjatrader DOT com with the time of an example we will gladly review this for you and let you know what we find.

Also did Sim reset suggested before help or change the results?

Comment

I reset the Sim account, same problem with Limit orders. I quickly recreated the problem several times and then e-mailed the Log and trace files to support at ninjatrader dot com

Comment

AustinJM, do you have any commissions set?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sidlercom80  
                        Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes