Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New strategist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New strategist

Take it easy on me guys, speak to me like you would a newbie, because that's whay I am
    I'm aware there's quite a lot to learn to master this NinjaScripting. However, before I begin, I'd just like three simple questions answered, even though I understand they could require laboriousness amounts of key stroking...
    Once answered, I believe my path with begin.... just point me down the path

1) If I have a strategy that I know has hard rules and there is no if's, and's, or's or but's about it, is this something I could 'program' for execution using Ninja Strategy builder?
    IE: (Multi-Time-Frame strategy)
    Requirement 1) Indicator X1, X2, X3 and X4 plot their plots
    Requirement 2) If indicator panels 4 of 7 = true
    Requirement 3) Ema1 & 2 >= (or) <= above/below EMA3,
    3.a) EMA2 & 3 >= (or) <= above/below EMA1,
    Then 4) Execute trade long/short appropriately in accordance with 1-3.a.

2) If this is possible, how would I go about optimizing the appropiate time bars to execute trades on for step 4? Meaning, if I know my strategy is a multi-time-frame study of Day, 4 hour, 1 hour; how would I figure out the best optimization (most profitable while risking least amount of capital) between the minutes of 1-59?

3) Please, show me down the path to get me started. Thank you so much!

Hello SBMT17,

Thank you for your note.

I’m sure this is possible however I’m not sure I understand the logic as you describe it, for example requirement 1, Indicator x1/x2/x3 and x4 plot their plots. Requirement 2, panels 4 of 7=true. You would have to provide more information by what you mean by your first two requirements.

You could optimize the time frame of the strategy by going to Control Center>New>Strategy Analyzer and selecting Optimize, then checking Optimize Data Series, which will allow you to specify the range you’d like to test. I would suggest testing with the SampleMACrossover strategy preloaded with ninjatrader. I provided a screen shot of how you could set this up.

We do have resources available to get you started learning NinjaSript to build your strategy.

I would encourage to see the information and links under Getting Started with NinjaScript

The following will introduce you to the strategy builder;

Strategy Builder Intro: 7 Minutes
    An overview of the Strategy Builder feature in the NinjaTrader 8 platform.NinjaTrader supports over 40,000 traders around the globe with best-in-class techno...

Strategy Builder NT8:
    Understand the fundamentals of basic strategy creation by developing an actual strategy using the NinjaTrader Strategy Builder.2:45 Opening a Strategy Builde...

See the NinjaScript Editor Youttube,
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A link to our Help Guide NinjaScript section can be found here,

Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples:

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bill2023  
    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
    6 responses