Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Very weird problem - instrument showing up, not in default list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very weird problem - instrument showing up, not in default list.

This is very weird. I have a default set of instruments defined in Instrument Manager, as shown in the first screen shot. Note that there is no instrument there for CL 03-10, only CL 05-10. This is correct.

However, on the DOM, somehow CL 03-10 seems to be getting inserted as part of this list. See the second screenshot.

If you take a look at the 3rd screen shot, you will notice that CL 03-10 is not there in the default instrument list that shows up with the chart popup.

The final screenshot is of my CL settings, in case that is relevant.

Any ideas? I am running Beta 11.
    Attached Files

JS999, does the problem persist after a restart of NinjaTrader?
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
      JS999, does the problem persist after a restart of NinjaTrader?
      Yes, as soon as it loads up.

Comment

Interesting. A full DB reset will probably fix the issue but that is the last step if all else fails.

What happens if you add CL 03-10 to the default instrument list and then delete it?

Comment

Interesting. A full DB reset will probably fix the issue but that is the last step if all else fails.

What happens if you add CL 03-10 to the default instrument list and then delete it?
          It disappears if I do that. I think it might disappear if I just add something else and then remove it too, not just that contract. Does it reset something when I do that? This wasn't happening before, just in the last few days.

Comment

JS999, it could be a number of things. If you experience this again and have a reproducible scenario, we'd love to hear about it.

I was just thinking that if it was appearing in the wrong places, it might not have been correctly deleted from the default instrument list, so that's why I had you add it and delete it again to make sure it got deleted correctly.

Comment

JS999, it could be a number of things. If you experience this again and have a reproducible scenario, we'd love to hear about it.

I was just thinking that if it was appearing in the wrong places, it might not have been correctly deleted from the default instrument list, so that's why I had you add it and delete it again to make sure it got deleted correctly.
              I did that and it worked. However, when I restarted the software again the problem was back! So it seems to add CL 03-10 on startup. Why would it be doing that? I recently switched from CL 04-10 to CL 05-10, but trading CL 03-10 was a while ago...

Comment

JS999, can you try resetting the DB and see if that solves the issue? To reset you can go to Tools -> Options -> Data tab -> Reset DB.

Comment

JS999, can you try resetting the DB and see if that solves the issue? To reset you can go to Tools -> Options -> Data tab -> Reset DB.
                  I can't do that right now, but I will try at the end of the week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Bugfix related?

I think I can explain what happened.

If you connect the DOM to a chart, and then enter a non-default instrument into that chart, the DOM will switch to the non-default instrument as well and generate this instrument within the drop-down list of the DOM. Once it is there, it does not go away anymore. I just reproduced it

The problem maybe related to a bugfix of NT 7.0.0.11 for a bug that I described here:

Comment

How to fix the DOM

Hi JS999,

if you want to remove CL 03-10 from the DOM, just proceed as follows:

(1) Add CL 03-10 to your default list via instrument manager and save the settings.

(2) Remove CL 03-10 from your default list via instrument manager and save again.

The instrument now should be no longer displayed on the DOM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        I think I can explain what happened.

If you connect the DOM to a chart, and then enter a non-default instrument into that chart, the DOM will switch to the non-default instrument as well and generate this instrument within the drop-down list of the DOM. Once it is there, it does not go away anymore. I just reproduced it

The problem maybe related to a bugfix of NT 7.0.0.11 for a bug that I described here:

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=26742
                        Thanks for the response... however, I am pretty sure in my case that I never switched to CL 03-10, especially since that is not trading any more. Also, the problem is that right on startup, the extra instrument (always CL 03-10) is already there. I can eliminate it by opening up the instrument manager and then closing it - then CL 03-10 goes away.

In any case, relating to the issue that you reported, no instrument should be added to the list in the DOM, whether you switch to it using a chart or not. The DOM should just switch to that instrument but not include it in the list. Perhaps someone at NT could look into it...

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          Hi JS999,

if you want to remove CL 03-10 from the DOM, just proceed as follows:

(1) Add CL 03-10 to your default list via instrument manager and save the settings.

(2) Remove CL 03-10 from your default list via instrument manager and save again.

The instrument now should be no longer displayed on the DOM.
                          Thanks Harry... actually I think it works even if you don't add it. Just open up the instrument manager and then close it, and it goes away.

Comment

Austin, I tried this and it didn't work. Upon startup, CL 03-10 is still there in the DOM instrument list. As previously noted, opening up the Instrument Manager and then closing it removes the instrument. But every time you start up again, CL 03-10 re-appears. Any more ideas?

Comment

Close the DOM, delete the workspace, try again from a 100% blank workspace and have no additional workspaces running in the background. If still reproducible we will need exact setup you have running and steps to reproduce so we can analyze. Please send in your workspace folder at that point in time along with the workspace being used. Thank you.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes