Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with NT8 and Parallels

Hi there,

I have some performance issues on NT8 with parallels. The crosshair is incredibly slow and if moving the chart window around it is extremely sluggish - not usable. If making the a chart window smaller it is faster, if bigger window, then slower performance. This issue is only on NT8, with NT7 is everything perfect.

I tried this with:
    Parallels 11 and VM Ware Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10
    Parallels 12 and VM Ware Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10
    Parallels 13 and VM Ware Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10

Difference between VM Ware and Parallels is that VM Ware is much slower than Parallels.

Exactly same result on all varations. It is more worse if using coherence mode, the usability is an disaster. No problems here with NT7. Coherence is the mode i use daily for NT7 on all 3 monitors with 5 charts. One chart on one display and 4 charts on 2 displays.

My machine is:

Mac Pro 5,1 2x 3,46 Ghz 2x6Core
    96 GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980Ti 6GB#
    3x 4K LG 31MU97 displays

If give more ram to Windows or more graphics ram, this doesn't matter. I read here that NT8 is using video card for display charts and NT7 is using CPU for this. So only way is to stuck in NT7 forever or is there a solution for this?

Regards

Originally posted by waterchill View Post
    Hi there,

I have some performance issues on NT8 with parallels. The crosshair is incredibly slow and if moving the chart window around it is extremely sluggish - not usable. If making the a chart window smaller it is faster, if bigger window, then slower performance. This issue is only on NT8, with NT7 is everything perfect.

I tried this with:
    Parallels 11 and VM Ware Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10
    Parallels 12 and VM Ware Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10
    Parallels 13 and VM Ware Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10

Difference between VM Ware and Parallels is that VM Ware is much slower than Parallels.

Exactly same result on all varations. It is more worse if using coherence mode, the usability is an disaster. No problems here with NT7. Coherence is the mode i use daily for NT7 on all 3 monitors with 5 charts. One chart on one display and 4 charts on 2 displays.

My machine is:

Mac Pro 5,1 2x 3,46 Ghz 2x6Core
    96 GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980Ti 6GB#
    3x 4K LG 31MU97 displays

If give more ram to Windows or more graphics ram, this doesn't matter. I read here that NT8 is using video card for display charts and NT7 is using CPU for this. So only way is to stuck in NT7 forever or is there a solution for this?

Regards
    Hello,
    I think If you intend to upgrade your Mac to mac-OS High Sierra and keep using Parallels Desktop for Mac, we strongly recommend you upgrade to Parallels Desktop.
    Thank you

Comment

I'm already on 10.13 same problems were on 10.12 doesn't matter. I have already Parallels Desktop Pro edition.

Comment

waterchill, we do not have reports from all Mac users that they are experiencing this behavior, so I'd like to narrow this down a bit further:
        • Does the issue occur if you use only one monitor?
        • What is the resolution of this monitor? Does it occur if you use 1920x1080 resolution?

Comment

The resolution is 4096x2160

I have just tested it. Disconnect 2 monitors gives a slightly better performance. Cut down the resolution to 1920x1080 gives a good performance also on three monitors. But this resolution is absolutely not usable for me. It seems to depend on the resolution.

Comment

The Development Team is actively working on making improvements to the crosshair's performance and also 4K/UHD resolution performance. The tracking number is SFT-1592. I've added details about your case.

Does performance change if you enable 'draw cursor only'? To do so, follow these steps:
            • Right-click on your chart > Properties
            • Expand 'crosshair' dropdown by clicking on the arrow to the left of 'crosshair'
            • Enable 'Draw cursor only' > OK
            • Follow these steps for all charts

Comment

Hi,

I tested it, doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I've added your information to our internal tracking regarding cross hair performance. This is being tracked as SFT-1592.

Comment

Hi waterchill, have you reached out to Parallels Support on this yet? If not, feel free to do so http://www.parallels.com/products/de...ox-37703-inner and this will be looked into.
                  Best, Danil

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes