Live vs. Simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live vs. Simulation

I tried some live trades today and the charts and SuperDom are behaving differently between Sim and Live. I was trading the YM (Dow eMiniFutures) and I have an ATM Strategy and Stop Strategy. I am using Zen-Fire. I was issuing trades through Static SuperDom. When I issue trades in the Simulation Mode the entry point and various targets and stops appear on my chart. When I traded live no stops or targets appeared on my charts, which was very disappointing because I have been relying on those in Sim to follow how my trade is performing and I was planning on doing the same in Live Trading. Also, the trade entry/exit prices/levels are not appearing and remaining on the charts during Live while they do on Sim so I have no visual record of my real trades on the charts. There was also a difference in SuperDom. I think that the Stop Loss appeared on SuperDom when in a live trade but I didn't see the targets, etc. clearly displayed as when in Simulation Mode. Why isn't the live trading displaying on my charts/SuperDom the same as the Sim? I would really like it to after all the work I have put in practicing in Sim mode. Thanks.

There is no difference between the two. SuperDOM or chart will displays orders and positions for the account selected.

If you are expecting something that you are not seeing, a screen shot would help.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think that a screen shot of no entry/exit price levels will help. When I am trading in simulation mode and enter a trade then the entry price is clearly displayed on my chart with a tan horizontal line, and a stop loss is displayed with a red horizontal line, and the profit objective is displayed with a green horizontal line. When the trade is completed the entry and exit prices are clearly displayed on the chart. During a live trade none of these things are displayed on my chart and after the trade is exited there is no record of the trade on my charts. The only record that I have of the live trades is in the control center but the live trades are not appearing on my charts.

Comment

I think that I found the problem. I had my live trading account selected for SuperDom but on my chart I still had the Sim account selected. When I change my chart to the Live account then the orders appear. I didn't realize this because I had the chart "trade bar" hidden. is there a way to select the account for the chart other than on the "chart trade bar"? Also, if I am using an ATM/Stop strategy from SuperDom then do I need to have the same ATM strategy selected on the chart for it to appear? Thanks.

Comment

No, it will appear automatically.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I think I've got everything running now and both sim and and real modes are behaving the same as long as I make sure that I've got the right accounts selected. I must say that I am very impressed with the speed and performance of the Ninja Trader and Zen-Fire combination. It is also very obvious how a trade is performing with the NT visuals. Ninja Trader and Zen-Fire is the best combination that I've seen.

Comment

Yes, Ninja with Zen-Fire is quite an impressive combination . . . enjoy
              whitmark
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post KenneGaray  
              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM