X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

global draw objects problem

Support,

I noticed the following problem:

Say like a 10 min chart has a global draw object like a up trendline initiated yesterday.

When like a regular 1 minute chart(with Heikenashi indicator) is loaded , it shows global draw objects from higher timeframe fine, even when the 1 minute chart is zoomed in, so that it shows only last 1 hour, which is really nice.

But,now if on the 1 minute chart, a 2nd chart is added like a 5 minute box chart to make it a multitimeframe chart, the global draw objects vanish on the 1 minute chart (which is zoomed in to show only last 1 hour). When the 1 minute chart is zoomed out to show last 2 days, the global draw objects reappear.

Looks like a bug in global draw objects,..when using multi timeframe with box charts in Beta 17 version.

--
    mmtrader

mmtrader, would it be possible for you to provide us step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this issue? Once the issue is reproducible, we can forward it to development and see what they have to say about it.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Support/Austin

The steps are similar to what I mentioned in earlier post. I am listing them here:

1) Load a 10 min ES chart and draw a global draw object like a up trendline (or downtrendline ) initiated yesterday or two days ago. The two points needed to draw the trendline in either yesterdays or previous day's ES. So that the trendline is even visible in today's 10 min chart.

2) Load a 1 minute chart(with Heikenashi indicator) , it shows global draw objects from higher timeframe the 10 min chart fine, even when the 1 minute chart is zoomed in, so that it shows only last 1 hour.

3) Now on the 1 minute chart, add a 2nd timeframe like a 5 minute box timeframe on panel-1 to make it a multitimeframe chart, the global draw objects vanish on the 1 minute chart (which is zoomed in to show only last 1 hour). When the 1 minute chart is zoomed out to show last 2 days, the global draw objects reappear.

Can you please try to reproduce something similar and see if you see the bug.

--
      mmtrader

Comment

Hello mmtrader,

I tested this scenario on my end, however upon adding a second data series in the 1 minute chart, it did not remove the Line I applied. Subsequently the Line is reflected in the second data series panel as well (see screenshots). I tried different instruments for the second data series besides the ES, but I cannot reproduce it so far.
        Attached Files
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason for trying. But I see in the chart you posted the 2nd timeframe 5 minute is a regular style, it needs to be a "box" chart like mentioned in steps and then the problem appears and the global draw object disappears. Note that that on the lower timeframe 1 minute chart, it disappears when the two initiating points of the trendline do not appear like when chart is zoomed in for last 1 hour.

Also if you overlay the 5 min box chart on panel-1 on top of 1 minute chart,..also in that case as well the problem is evident. Hope you will be able to reproduce it at your end.

Thanks
          mmtrader
          Last edited by mmtrader; 06-24-2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Hello mmtrader,

I see, thank you for letting me know. I setup new charts and performed the steps you mentioned. However I could not reproduce the issue, see screenshot.

It does not matter how much data I display in the multi data series chart - the line remains to be displayed in both data series.

However, I currently have the next beta version installed, which still needs to be released publicly. Can you please check if the issue perists on your end once we released the next beta version.
            Attached Files
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Nice to see its working fine in beta18 at your end, will wait for beta18 release and test it.

Thanks
              mmtrader

Comment

Support,

I am seeing a global draw object problem in Beta 19.

The steps are below:

1) Load a 24 hour 15 min ES chart and draw a global draw object like a up trendline (or downtrendline ) initiated yesterday or two days ago. The two points needed to draw the trendline in either yesterdays or previous day's ES. So that the trendline is even visible in today's 15 min chart.

2) Load a 24 hour 30 sec ES chart, it shows global draw objects from higher timeframe 15 min chart fine when zoomed out. But when the 30 sec chart is zoomed in, so that it shows only last 1 or 2 hours, the global draw object no longer appears on the 30 sec chart.

Looks like a old draw object bug is occurring again in Beta 19. Can you please see if you can reproduce this bug at your end.

Thanks
                mmtrader

Comment

mmtrader, I just installed the latest build and the trendline appears even while all the way zoomed in on the 30 second chart. As you can see in the screenshot, the anchor points are in yesterday's data. Can you please try this again after the next beta is released?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Austin for trying it. Will retry it when beta-20 is released.

Do you mind, also trying one more thing, when the trendline is 2 or 3 days(like trendline from last week's trendline) old in 15 min chart, does it show up in the zoomed version of 30 sec chart (zoomed for last 1 or 2 hours).

Thanks
                    mmtrader

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
                    mmtrader, I just installed the latest build and the trendline appears even while all the way zoomed in on the 30 second chart. As you can see in the screenshot, the anchor points are in yesterday's data. Can you please try this again after the next beta is released?

Comment

mmtrader, the trendline will show up on the 30 secondchart only if the 30 second chart goes back far enough to include the bars where the ray was anchored on the 15 minute chart.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Support,

I noticed another bug in Beta20, regarding global drawobjects. Here are the steps:

1) Open a ES 30 sec chart.
                        2) Open a ES 10 min chart. Draw a trenline in 10 min ES chart (not a global line,just regular line). Copy the line on the same chart. Now make the copied line global, so that it appears in every ES chart.
                        The copied line in ES 10 min chart supposed to appear on ES 30 sec chart. But, you notice that the copied line from ES 10 min chart, doesn't appear in ES 30 sec chart.

I hope you will be able to reproduce at your end in beta 20 and fix it.

mmtrader

Comment

mmtrader,

Please see attached picture. Lower line object on left is a copied chart object made global that is shown on the 30 second chart on the right.

It is imperative to have the anchor points within both charts if you want to see the object.
                          Attached Files
                          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Sam2515
                          by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM