Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to control Display on Price Panel, Indicator Panel, Data Box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control Display on Price Panel, Indicator Panel, Data Box.

How do you control whether indicators display on the Price Panel, Indicator Panel, and/or the Data Box and are available for strategies?
    I wrote an indicator that has 5 outputs.
    4 are very close to the current price, the last is either +1 or -1 depending on whether the signal is Long or Short.
    1) I want to display the lines and symbols on the Price Panel (which is happening OK with DrawLine, DrawTriangle, etc.), but not in an Indicator Panel. I don't want anything in any indicator panel.
    2) I want to output the +1 or -1 in the Data Box, but not to the Price or Indicator Panel, because it totally messes up the chart's scale.
    I have tried several combinations of Overlay, DisplayInDataBox, DrawOnPricePanel, Add(new Plot...), ???.Set(???), etc.
    Thanks.

Chuck, currently it isn't possible to do what you want. Indicator plots go either all on the price panel or all on the indicator panel. It isn't possible to mix and match what goes where.

The +1 -1 plot seems to be what is holding you back. It is possible, however, to create and expose DataSeries that are not plots. Thus, depending on your application of the indicator, you could simply call the exposed +1 -1 "plot" from another strategy or indicator, eliminating the need to plot it visually.

The other option would be to create a new indicator that just plots the +1 -1 data, which would make it show up in the data box.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post prdecast  
    Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes