Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace save

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
    TDA support and us isolated a couple of issues. The respective fixes made it into the latest custom build. Please:
    - uninstall NT6.5 via control panel
    - clear your browser cache
    - install custom build from here: www.ninjatrader-support.com/ninjatrader/nt6.5.custom/NinjaTrader.Install.msi

Thanks for your patience and your continued support.
    Does workspace got save with new install or the uninstall process will blow away my workspace? If so, how do I save my workspace so I can load it with the new install?

TIA

Comment

Hi hcham,

All of your settings from the previous version will be available in the new install without taking any extra steps. I'm including a link to our help guide that will give you information about our workspaces.

Managing workspaces:
      MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can not connect to TDA this morning. I have tried 3 different times and have gotten this error message twice each of the 3 times: ERROR: POSBAL We were unable to process your request. Please try again. The connection status area does not turn green or yellow. It stays gray saying 'Connecting - TD AMERITRADE.

version 6.5.1000.9 type SimulationOnly.

No problems connecting with StrategyDesk this morning.

Comment

Just tried again and I got a new error message along with the old one.
          Attached Files

Comment

5/1/2009 8:23:48 AM|1|2|TD Ameritrade: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
            5/1/2009 8:23:49 AM|0|2|ERROR: POSBAL We were unable to process your request. Please try again later.
            5/1/2009 8:23:49 AM|0|2|ERROR: POSBAL We were unable to process your request. Please try again later.
            5/1/2009 8:23:54 AM|0|2|ERROR: ORDSTAT We were unable to process your request. Please try again later.
            5/1/2009 8:23:54 AM|0|2|ERROR: ORDSTAT We were unable to process your request. Please try again later.

Comment

TDA support just informed us, that there are working on some server issues. We'll keep you posted.

Comment

looks like mine is back up; it connected with no problems now

Comment

I couldn't connect with them this morning either. I think it is a TDA issue. I have been having problems with them recently and they have never worked 100% for me when connected to Ninja trader. I just opened an account with Interactive Brokers. Now I can do securities, futures and F/x all on the same platform. Works beautifully with Ninja Trader.
                  Good luck!

Comment

No connection issues now.
                    whitmark
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

TDA support informed us everything would be back to normal.

Comment

They still pop-up. Not 500 times during the day like before, but now 5-20 times during the day only. It could be Ok, if these pop-ups would not kind of "suspend" Ninja. But one needs to click on them to make reinitiate active connection to TD. Still the same suspects: Keep Alive, Lastordstat, Posbal, etc.

I guess these pop-ups will never be resolved. Does anyone know of a software that automatically "clicks" on pop-ups? I used to have soft like that a looooong time ago. Tried to search, but could not come up with anything useful.

Comment

Just my opinion but all of these pop ups seem to occur when either you internet connection is down (one would think that the connection status should go either to yellow or red and not stay green) or TDA is having troubles with one or more servers ( once again the connection status should go to yellow or green). My feeling is that there are multiple distinct connections that have to made ( historical data, RT data, position data, trade execution data) and maintained for everything to work properly. When one of theses connections are lost - you get a pop up.

Comment

The internet connection was not down. Strategy Desk was running OK at the same time. Before they were popping up so frequently that it was not possible even to identify any pattern. Now it is mostly at the time of trade execution data and position/trade status update moments. And mostly when TD is obviously overloaded (morning opening, etc.). Again, it is a lot better than before, but since they are unpredictable and can occur at any time of the day (especially arnound when the trades happen) it is not really possible to leave NT unattended for a long time. Otherwise, NT kind of "hangs" out there waiting for someone to click on the pop-ups.

Does anyone know of a software that "click" on pop-ups automatically? There used to be a soft like that before. Worked fine. That soft + NT +TD and it may work after all.

Comment

It is kind of interesting that StrategyDesk keeps on running while NT starts throwing all of those messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Frantz View Post
                                They still pop-up. Not 500 times during the day like before, but now 5-20 times during the day only. It could be Ok, if these pop-ups would not kind of "suspend" Ninja. But one needs to click on them to make reinitiate active connection to TD. Still the same suspects: Keep Alive, Lastordstat, Posbal, etc.

I guess these pop-ups will never be resolved. Does anyone know of a software that automatically "clicks" on pop-ups? I used to have soft like that a looooong time ago. Tried to search, but could not come up with anything useful.
                                Yes, when the server change happened with TD, these messages were insane - 5 every second. Now they are much fewer, but they are still modal and interfere greatly with trading. Especially as they bunch up - it can destabalize NT.

Can we have an option in NT to Not show these messages? I would just assume look at these messages in the Log and Trace files.

I'll also look at the latest NT/TD build and see if it addresses any of the other TD issues related to OCO orders, etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Handclap0241  
                                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Barry Milan