Beta 23 drawing issue with multi-series chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 23 drawing issue with multi-series chart

I noticed that a ray I had drawn on a chart changed position after a second data series was added to the chart in a new pane. Here are steps that should allow you to reproduce this:

1. Create a 30-min chart of ES. Use the settings shown in this screen shot of the Data Series window:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Data Series 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	895878

2. Use CTRL-UP to tighten the chart as much as possible.

3. Use F3 to draw a ray. Start it at the low on 10/4, and use the low on 10/19 as the second anchor. (I did this with Snap Mode set to Bar, so the ray was not anchored to the prices. Having the anchors close to the lows is fine.) With the chart scrolled all the way to the right, you should see something like this:

Name:	ES 12-10 (30 Min)  11_4_2010.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	895879

4. Open the Data Series window and add a 30-min chart of NQ. I didn't attach a picture of the Data Series window as I was running afoul of the 5-attachment limit, but frankly the settings appear to be pretty arbitrary. (I loaded 5 days of data using the instrument's default session template.) The point is, notice that the ES ray vanishes:

Name:	ES 12-10 (30 Min) _ NQ 12-10 (30 Min)  11_4_2010.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	895882

5. If you scroll back so 10/19 is visible, you'll see the ray again. Look closely and you'll be able to find a point where the angle of the ray suddenly changes. The only difference between the following two screen shots is one tap on the left arrow or right arrow key. But look what the ray does!

Name:	ES 12-10 (30 Min) _ NQ 12-10 (30 Min)  10_21_2010 1.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	895880 Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-10 (30 Min) _ NQ 12-10 (30 Min)  10_21_2010 2.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	895881

It's difficult and maybe impossible to see it on those last two pictures, but I could tell that at the "tipping point" the horizontal spacing of the candles changed. In general hitting the arrow keys caused the candles to move en masse like good little soldiers. But at the place where the angle of the ray changed, hitting an arrow key caused some candles to move more and others to move less.

If you double clicked on the object, what are the anchor points listed as? What happens at that tipping point as you call it when you are on a single series chart?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great question! Suffice it to say that the anchor points never changed. I checked the values when I had an ES-only chart and noted them (dates/times and Y values). I had the same values after NQ was added. And in fact I noticed that if I just held down the left- or right-arrow key once I had a multi-series chart I stumbled across a number of points where the ray suddenly jumped. But none of those jumps caused the anchor points to change.

I'm sticking to my suggestion that it's a horizontal scrolling issue, because at the jump points I could see some candles move more than others in response to a single press of an arrow key.

Comment

Development is taking a look and will get back to you with their findings after analysis. Thank you.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good to hear. I hope they're able to reproduce this, and I hope they agree it's a problem that needs attention.

Comment

Hi MikeInMA !

The issue you reported is fixed and the fix will ab available with next update of NinjaTrader.

Thanks for bringing this up !

Kind regards,
            Christian
            ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes