Use Stop Market for Stop Loss--True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Stop Market for Stop Loss--True

In the Chart Trader properties, try as I may, I cannot get the "Use Stop Market for Stop Loss--True" to be the default. I do have a couple of charts set to my desired default but I cannot get them all to set. Using Reset did not seem work, nor does setting "Use Stop Market for Stop Loss" to true, Applying, and Set Default.

Thanks for your help.

Platform NT 7.01.00024 (live)
    Broker: Ninja Trader

Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

Setting it as default will not affect any charts that already have a different setting selected. You would need to adjust the setting for any saved chart and then save your workspace(s) with the changes. Saving as default will ensure new charts you open have this setting.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

Setting it as default will not affect any charts that already have a different setting selected. You would need to adjust the setting for any saved chart and then save your workspace(s) with the changes. Saving as default will ensure new charts you open have this setting.
      Thank-you for the prompt reply. I know I must be doing something incorrectly, but still am not getting the expected/desired results.

I have a workspace with only one chart (GC 12-14) and the "Use Stop Market for Stop Loss" is set to True. I have used Apply, and Set Default, Close the dialog and then saved the workspace.

When I create a new chart with the same instrument, the "Use Stop Market for Stop Loss" property comes up as false. When I create a new ES chart it also initiates with the referenced property set to "false." When you say "...any saved chart..." does that include other workspaces that are not open?

I assumed yes, so I deleted all other workspaces and I get the same undesired results.

I assume the default is independent of account and Chart Template, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello blach00,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, other non open workspaces would have to be changed if you decided to keep them.
        That is correct, this setting should be saved for all new charts opened.
        If you have an anti virus/firewall installed you will need to add NinjaTrader to it's exceptions list.
        You will need to exclude the following directories.
        C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7
        (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7
        If you have a backup or auto backup program running you will need to pause it while using NinjaTrader.
        These items otherwise could prevent NinjaTrader from saving the changes.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank-you. I will give these things a try over the next couple of days.

Comment

I did get the default take effect.
            Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM