Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michel View Post
    Hi everybody
    I am new to NinjaTrader but i have been developing indicators for tradestation for 6 years
    I'm still getting familliar with Ninja and i need the practice so i will develop strategies for free

Note that I wont be taking over complicated requests. keep it simple and clean. if there are too many requests i will take my pick as to which ones i do

happy trading

Regards,
    Michel
    www.fxcteam.com
    Hi Michel
    Could you give me an exemple of a Marker indicator!
    I would like to get something that I could change it by my self!
    Basically I am looking something like this!
    I would like a Marker that will tell me when the MACDHisto(now) > MACDHisto(1bar ago) and MACDHisto(1bar ago) > MACDHisto(2bar ago) and the RSI(now) > RSI(1barago) and MACD(now) > MACD(1bar ago).
    After that I think I would be able to play with it!
    Thank you for offering this!

Felgab

Comment

MPD (maximum permissible deviation)

Hi Michel.

Here's is one I am interested in. Hope you can assist.

A chap by the username Grey1 a while ago on the T2W forum came up with a concept of using the VWAP with waht he called MPD (maximum permissible deviation).

The MPD is calculated as (day high - day low)/2.
      Then two price bands are derived from this in relation to the VWAP.
      Upper band = VWAP + MPD
      Lower band = VWAP - MPD.

I have searched, and I don't think there is a Ninja indicator for these - to display these price bands (upper and lower bands).

Many thanks
      Dan

Below is a link to one of the many threads about this on T2W for deatils if anyone is interested.
      Trade2Win Forums

Comment

Would anybody else mind assisting with this if Michel is not responding? Thanks

Comment

Hi koganam,
          dou you mean somewhat like this ?
          The small triangles indicate if there is overbought or oversold.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mate41; 11-21-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mate41 View Post
            Hi koganam,
            dou you mean somewhat like this ?
            The small triangles indicate if there is overbought or oversold.
            David Elliott's methods did not work for me. I guess, they just are not a good fit for my personality. I am sure that there are others who are making a mint using his methods; I am just not one of them.

Given that I do not trade with those methods, it is hard for me to comment as an interpretation of the signals generated by his methods. I believe that he still has a trading room on TOS. You might want to ask methodology questions there.

I wish that I could have been of more help, but as I only lost money trading those methods, and I have now developed my own methods that are profitable, I really have forgotten most of what I learned about those CCI and MoBo etc.,

Comment

michel,

I have one request that borders on overly complicated as it was beyond the patience of the regular Ninjatrader developers. I think you are in a unique position to make this happen with your extensive background programming for Tradestation.

This particular set of super-indicators would be greatly appreciated by not just me but every NT user who is also a regular subscriber to Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities Magazine.

I am referring to John Ehler's Corona Charts as published in the November 2008 issue, pages 18-25.

This super-indicator was published for the following platforms:

Wealthlab
              eSignal
              AmiBroker
              Neuroshell Trader
              TraderStudio

and most importantly

TRADESTATION!

It can be downloaded from their forum by doing a search for CoronaCharts.ELD or just CoronaCharts.

I believe conversion of this super-indicator to NT would be great for everyone as if there are shortcomings in Ninjatrader you will find them and how to deal with them and maybe they can be resolved in future NT updates.

Of further help might be the WealthLab version 5 was constructed/translated for .NET (similar to NT).

I would be willing to bet that you could even sell this indicator for a nominal fee.

So, you have access to the original Tradestation version and a number of other versions, some done in C# (see the Traders Tips on the TAoS&C Magazine)...

What do you say?

Comment

Originally posted by RDPoS View Post
                michel,

I have one request that borders on overly complicated as it was beyond the patience of the regular Ninjatrader developers. I think you are in a unique position to make this happen with your extensive background programming for Tradestation.

This particular set of super-indicators would be greatly appreciated by not just me but every NT user who is also a regular subscriber to Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities Magazine.

I am referring to John Ehler's Corona Charts as published in the November 2008 issue, pages 18-25.

This super-indicator was published for the following platforms:

Wealthlab
                eSignal
                AmiBroker
                Neuroshell Trader
                TraderStudio

and most importantly

TRADESTATION!

It can be downloaded from their forum by doing a search for CoronaCharts.ELD or just CoronaCharts.

I believe conversion of this super-indicator to NT would be great for everyone as if there are shortcomings in Ninjatrader you will find them and how to deal with them and maybe they can be resolved in future NT updates.

Of further help might be the WealthLab version 5 was constructed/translated for .NET (similar to NT).

I would be willing to bet that you could even sell this indicator for a nominal fee.

So, you have access to the original Tradestation version and a number of other versions, some done in C# (see the Traders Tips on the TAoS&C Magazine)...

What do you say?
                Corona indicators for NT were done a long time ago. ref: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...id=216&catid=1

Comment

Vwap + mpd

I think this is the indicator that you requested. I will do your CCI indicator sometime this week. Also from your description of indicator, you did not mention that cumulative values of typical price and volume has to be reset at the start of the new session.
                  Without resetting plots were looking horrible. I googled VWAP and found out about the resetting. I am attaching a sample indicator and a chart.
                  Let me know .. if something needs to be corrected.

Originally posted by rabcnesbit View Post
                  Hi Michel.

Here's is one I am interested in. Hope you can assist.

A chap by the username Grey1 a while ago on the T2W forum came up with a concept of using the VWAP with waht he called MPD (maximum permissible deviation).

The MPD is calculated as (day high - day low)/2.
                  Then two price bands are derived from this in relation to the VWAP.
                  Upper band = VWAP + MPD
                  Lower band = VWAP - MPD.

I have searched, and I don't think there is a Ninja indicator for these - to display these price bands (upper and lower bands).

Many thanks
                  Dan

Below is a link to one of the many threads about this on T2W for deatils if anyone is interested.
                  Trade2Win Forums
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sherazwaqar View Post
                    I think this is the indicator that you requested. I will do your CCI indicator sometime this week. Also from your description of indicator, you did not mention that cumulative values of typical price and volume has to be reset at the start of the new session.
                    Without resetting plots were looking horrible. I googled VWAP and found out about the resetting. I am attaching a sample indicator and a chart.
                    Let me know .. if something needs to be corrected.
                    sherazwaqar, thank you very much for doing this, much appreciated. With regards to your comment "...you did not mention that cumulative values of typical price and volume has to be reset at the start of the new session...". I did not or could not make any valuable comments about the VWAP as I don't know much about how the VWAP is calculated etc. I know there are a few VWAP indicators around - on this forum and other forums like BigMike's, and some websites. I tried three different versions recently - the hWAP on this forum, the SessionVWAP one on the BigMikes forum, and one I found on the Acme website, and all three gave different VWAP values, which were all different from the VWAP values on IB TWS. There seems to be some inconsistency in the VWAP values of the different VWAP indicators floating about. Would be good to get one that is actually accurate. However, I think the data feed one uses plays a significant factor. I used them on a 3-min chart for US stocks with IB as my data feed.

How does one go about resetting the cumulative values of typical price and volume at the start of the new session, like you have mentioned, and what do describe as a new session?

Many thanks
                    Dan

Comment

multiinstrument volume

Hi Michel,
                      I wonder if it's difficult to make simple VOL indicator into multiinstrument?
                      That is to add up several instrument volumes in one volume bar?

Comment

Hello, Michel,

I'm trying to figure out how to to get a candlestick chart of the custom indicator -- S&P500 Issues Volume Up/Down. The indicator is to be the difference between 2 indexes (VI6A.Z - Volume Up and VI6D.Z - Volume Down -- I use Kinetick and it provides only Up and Down, not Up/Down as it was at Tradestation).

Is this task what you need for a practice?

Kind regards,

Serge

Comment

Blinking Chart Background

Hello Michel

The feature I'm looking to add to my strategy is very helpful in my view and could certainly benefit a wider audience. This is what I'm looking to do:

I have quite a lot of charts with a custom strategy on my screens and whenever there's a trading signal my strategy will put an arrow on the corresponding chart and generate a sound.

What I'd like to do to save some time is to include a code snippet into my strategy that additionally makes the chart "blink" while there's an active signal on it.

By blinking I mean that the chart background color should change between white and gray in a 2 second interval during the 60 seconds the signal is active (I'm trading on a 1 minute chart and a signal is cancelled if it is not triggered within this 60 second interval). I've already played with the background color using

BackColorAll = Color.White etc

but the tricky part is to make the background color change every 2 seconds, thus creating the blinking effect.

Please let me know if you would be interested in helping me developing it.

Thanks

Comment

Hi laocoon,

Please find attached a ChartBlink script you could use as one way to do this. Just apply to chart, set MyCondition = true, and then will flash gray background every 2 seconds for 60 seconds.
                            Attached Files
                            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RyanM,

Thanks a lot for that, looks very promising.
                              I'll integrate it into my strategy and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Comment

Colored Bollinger Bands areas on Black background

Hi Michel,

Thanks for helping out.

On StockCharts one can have black background, with Bollinger Bands in different colors covering an area within the bands, at different opacity. I love the look.

It seems that Ninjatrader with black background won't show colors inside the Bollinger Bands. It just shows the lines for the bands, with just the black color as background.

I am trying to do this with the "Bollinger_TripleState_v4" indicator from the Version 7 Indicator page.

This is how the indicator looks with light colored background. The colors do not show with black background.

Thank you,

Joseph

PS There may be a way to do this without writing new code? Don't know. Any ideas, anyone? Members? Customer Service?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by westcoastjoe; 02-26-2012, 01:04 AM. Reason: ADD PICTURE

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Christopher_R  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                166 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sidlercom80