Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Commitment of Traders (COT) indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input here aligator, this is still being tracked as active enhancement suggestion in our product management under item #582. Unfortunately I could not give you an ETA or commitment, but it was certainly not lost and we sincerely value every feedback we got from our clients.

Have a good upcoming weekend,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Agree with you there,Aligator, It seems NT is in NO way interested in going the extra mile for it's clients, even the silly MT4 Platform as more basic indicators to offer FREE of charge then NT does.....got to pay for the license then most indicators.....could not even come up with a FREE (for it's paying client) mobile Apps.....Unfortunately MT4 is only used by Forex Brokers with prohibitive spreads and a BIG appetite for stop loss hunting..............

Comment

We got a new partner a few months ago that has this indicator for sale.

-Brett

Comment

cot indicator

anyone have a free cot indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by stevebalmmer View Post
            anyone have a free cot indicator?
            hey steve, try this one. it's free and in depth, although not directly within NT.

Comment

We have developed our own COT indicator for NinjaTrader,

And last week, we released a guide on how to trade it,

which is free for a limited period.

Regards,
              Dave
              Littlefishfx.com

Comment

I'm using this manually without any true indictor.

Question: Money management. If you wanted to copy say, the commercial banks allocating your funds exactly to what they hold, how do you convert the number of holdings to a %?
                How do you find the total holdings?

Comment

Originally posted by jago25_98 View Post
                  I'm using this manually without any true indictor.

Question: Money management. If you wanted to copy say, the commercial banks allocating your funds exactly to what they hold, how do you convert the number of holdings to a %?
                  How do you find the total holdings?
                  You can download the COT reports free from the goverment website. Then put it in a spreadsheet and calculate the holdings. If you look at e-miniwatch he has a free spreadsheet to do it. I used to do it weekly for a few years. In the end I never say any edge with it. The commercials are hedging their risk and speculators are taking the risk. Whose side are you going to take? If you take the speculators then you must know that the risk the commercials are hedging isn't valid/likely.. and how could you know more than them? If you take the side of the commercials.. they're hedging a cash position so they're not trying to make money with a directional bet, but if you're speculating you are trying to make money with a directional bet. that's two totally different things. Trading with the commercials will not make money because they're not trying to make money!

I don't see any way to make money with this. Of course vendors selling things will try and convince otherwise.

I highly recommend getting the source spreadsheet and doing it manually at least a few times just to truly understand the data and how it works.

Comment

How is the development of this indicator going??? I am curious if NT is doing any thing on this front to bring us this indicator?? As some one who has also purchased a life long license I think if there is a enough demand for this NT should look into including it in future updates!!

While I am sure the partnership with outside entities are important to ninja trader. What sold me on using it was in no small part the fact that we the users have input into future releases and the large user community that contributes to it. NT dose a great job on the technical support front but the idea that we the community guide the development and have input in what NT works on and improves is coming off as not so realistic the deeper I dig. At the end of the day this is a "text file based data import" shouldn't it fall under NT customer support period?? IDK.

I am new to trading for the most part I just learnt how to use the COT for sentiment so I cruised over to the forum to see if NT had an indicator and what do I see people with there hand out as opposed to a user community who is developing great things. I am curious just how many of your third party providers started as people making stuff in your user community??

Comment

Hello,

Wanted to update you that there is no commitment by NinjaTrader to build this indicator.

We do keep a list of all user requested features and if there is enough demand it certainly will shape our development. We currently are very busy in house with all resources working on building our next generation trading platform, NinjaTrader 8. I do not yet have a release date I could release.

If I can answer any further questions please let me know.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response I understand that Ninja trader is not trying to get this off the ground. It is great that you guys keep a list of user requested features is there any place that you guys post this list and do you track how requested each features is.

Comment

Hello,

No problem, will be happy to reply anytime you have questions or need assistance.

We keep this list internal on our product management team for now.

Comment

LittleFishFX__ COT_indicator

Originally posted by LittlefishFX_Dave View Post
                            We have developed our own COT indicator for NinjaTrader,

And last week, we released a guide on how to trade it,

which is free for a limited period.

Regards,
                            Dave
                            Littlefishfx.com

1. Will your indicator appear in the NinjaTrader 7 indicator library ? as in edit \ indicator
                            2. Do all three "Use" types work equally well for ALL physical and non-physical commodities ?
                            3. Are there any compatibility issues between your indicator and NinjaTrader 7 ?
                            4. Can the NinjaTrader editor use your indicator in a strategy without any glitches ?
                            5. Could a user compare the COT data from one commodity in the custom use mode and include it in a strategy using an automatic use mode ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aa731