Support for Swedish OMX exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello agazza,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
    The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fierze, agazza &amp; mpe66

Hello everybody; I wonder if you got OMXS30 working in NT 7. I use a swedish broker for brokerage and datafeed and I primarily trade the Swedish OMXS30 index future through my broker. I´ve fixed a very well working program for trading DAX index future through NT 7 and looking for testing it on OMXS30. If you get it working, I hope you tell me how and which datafeed you r using, I´m useing Zen-Fire to trade Globe futures but it doesn´t provide OMXS30 realtime data.

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader is supported by 100's of brokers worldwide for futures, forex and equities but unfortunately we do not support the broker you mentioned.

Please review our preferred broker list and let me know if you have any questions.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by Albaz View Post
          Hello everybody; I wonder if you got OMXS30 working in NT 7. I use a swedish broker for brokerage and datafeed and I primarily trade the Swedish OMXS30 index future through my broker. I´ve fixed a very well working program for trading DAX index future through NT 7 and looking for testing it on OMXS30. If you get it working, I hope you tell me how and which datafeed you r using, I´m useing Zen-Fire to trade Globe futures but it doesn´t provide OMXS30 realtime data.
          Yes, it works. You can use Interactive Brokers or E-Signal as the data feed for all the Swedish stuff.

Good luck,

Mpe

Comment

Originally posted by mpe66 View Post
            Yes, it works. You can use Interactive Brokers or E-Signal as the data feed for all the Swedish stuff.

Good luck,

Mpe
            swedish?

i would need som help finding the right buttons to push

i just need to get omxs30 to work with end of day data for TA analys and meaby som help finding/adding swedish stocks

Comment

When I try to import swedish stocks (Symbols), I get an error message, see attached file.
              Is there any support for symbols with the suffix ".st"?

If there are more swedes in this forum that need a complete list of the Stockholm exchange symbols, please PM me.

Just wanted to say that I think Ninja Trader is great!

Thanks!
              [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Joachim/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi bebjo,

The .st symbol mapping could be used, but the master name would need to exclude that '.'. The same goes for the dashes here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Kyle.

So the import is for master name only, and I have to add the symbol to each entry manually afterwards? Or did I missundertand you?

Comment

Hi bebjo,

Sorry for the confusion.

When importing, NinjaTrader sets the symbol mapping and the master instrument symbol to the same value. Unfortunately, the '.' and '-' required in this instruments mapping cannot be used in the master instrument filed.

So, you will need to remove the dots and dashes for the import, then add those settings manually later on.

Comment

Thanks alot Kyle!

This will save me further frustration in trying to import my stocks.

Comment

Mapping problems/Charting error/Swedish stocks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                        Hi bebjo,

Sorry for the confusion.

When importing, NinjaTrader sets the symbol mapping and the master instrument symbol to the same value. Unfortunately, the '.' and '-' required in this instruments mapping cannot be used in the master instrument filed.

So, you will need to remove the dots and dashes for the import, then add those settings manually later on.
                        Hi,

I have been trying for a while to configure NT7 using end-of-day data from Yahoo Finance with the Swedish stocks (included in the OMXS30-index) with no success. I simply cannot get charts to work with these stocks, but it works fine with the default included American stocks.

Can someone describe step-by-step how I can get chart for the following stock (with data from Yahoo) into NT7?

I'll be grateful for any help.

Regards
                        / Johan

Comment

Hello Johan,

Thanks for writing in.

The difficulty here lies in the fact that a '.' and '-' are included in the instrument's name.

When you orignally add the instrument, you'll set a 'Master Instrument Name' within the Defintion tab of the instrument editor - in that field, enter the name without the '.' or
                          '-' included, ERICBST in this case.

When configuring a symbol map value in the Misc tab of the instrument editor, enter the full ERIC-B.ST mapping which yahoo would use next to 'Yahoo'.

Comment

Hi!

So I just downloaded NT8.

Lifelong question about how to import Swedish stocks. Just read that Yahoo is'nt available and it is not possible to connect to Yahoo via NT8.

So I look at Google Finance instead.

I set up my symbol list with no " ", no "." and no "-" and import the to NT8.
                            This does'nt work. So I imagine that Google has another symbolmapping.
                            Like for instance the Stock "Skanska B" with tickr SKA B, how do I have to format that so that I will be able to get data from Google? I can add that all the symbols imported quite nicely, but none of them work.

I think we are quite many that desire Swedish stocks, please help!

Comment

Progress

Quick update:

I changed the exchande to "default"
                              and the Google symbol to "STO" and master instrument to "ABB".

And it works, I get a chart.
                              But, its not the ABB price curve. Also all other swedish stocks I edit as stated above, they all get the same, wrong price curve. I have the currency right.

What am I doing wrong?

So close now...

Comment

Hello bebjo,
                                Can you clarify which exchange these stocks are on. Currently I am finding the Skanska B is on the STO.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB