Add color and width properties to each data point of an indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add color and width properties to each data point of an indicator

This is related to my other suggestion about having colors as input parameters.

Two suggestions:

1. Right now, each individual price bar has a color property that an indicator may set using BarColor. Please also let each individual bar have its own width property. This would help highlight certain bars in a different way than simply using color. Horizontal scale should be unaffected; if the widths cause bars to overlap, so be it.

The only workaround I see is to use DrawLine on top of bars.

2. I'd like to see more flexibility in colors and widths of indicators, similar to what Tradestation lets me do. On the fly, I should be able to change the color of the current part of the indicator to be plotted, whether that's a line connecting from the previous time interval, or a vertical bar, or a dot. The same should be true for width (fat lines, fat bars, fat dots).

That is, each data marker of an indicator should have a property, like MyIndicator[0].Color or MyIndicator[0].Width. The workaround now is to make multiple plot series for each color or width. That is impractical to impossible when working with a continuous spectrum of a hundred or so colors.

If these properties already exist and I'm not finding them, please document it.

Thanks.
    -Alex

Yes, you can adjust the properties of each drawing tool you apply at this time but not each bar or indicator marker as you have suggested.

Thank you for the suggestion and I will forward it for our list of future considerations.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes