NT6.5.8 (latest) locks up on load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonriver View Post
    Hi guys, I am having the same problem in combination with IB's TWS. If I start TWS first, NT freezes every time at the default, or my custom workspace. IF I start NT first, all is well. Deleting the default or custom workspace xml does not do a thing. It's not that much of a problem though, since the "NT start first" workaround is just fine with me. My workspace contains only 1 chart with 1 indicator, nothing else, so it's hard to imaging that it's a resource problem. Either way, just a FYI.
    What is " "NT start first" workaround"
    I would like to give that a try.

Thanks

Comment

Hello mike12nv,

Please go to Tools-->Account Connections, highlight your IB connection and click Change.

Make sure 'Auto Login' is enabled. Finish the connection.

Ensure TWS is closed. Subsequently connect to IB in NinjaTrader.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Outlook prevents NT from loading

This post isn't a direct follow-up to the last.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I can fix the problem by closing Outlook (or, if it's not visible, killing Outlook.exe from the Task Manager). This confirms what Jim W. said, but for a different configuration. I'm running Windows Vista, 64 bit, with Office 2007.

If/when NT stops loading, the second I close Outlook, NT continues on its way.

One additional note: I think the behavior was different before more recent OS patches were applied.

Comment

I have a system that I rarely reboot. Most mornings I often have to attempt to start NT 2 or three times before it will finally go. After it fails to load for 5 - 10 minutes (or more depending on what I'm doing) I right click NT on the task bar and close it. Then I attempt a restart.

This morning my computer system had locked up so I had to do a hard reboot. I attempted several times to get NT to start without success.

After reading through this post, I found a suggestion about closing Outlook 2007. I was running Outlook 2007 so I gave this a try. Once I closed Outlook, NT loaded up within a minute or so.

D

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
          19 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Radano
          by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
          0 responses