Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Leak problem?

Hi there!

after running an Optimization (Default or GAOptimizer, whatever), I see in my windows task manager that Ninjatrader has many RAM allocated. It looks like after the optimization, NT does not deallocate memory.... is this a normal behavior, or a memory leak?

Regards

Hello,

Try optimizing SampleMACrossOver, do you get the same results? How much RAM is being used?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

before SampleMACrossOver optimization: 987.744KB
      after 3 optimizations (parameter optimized: Fast Stoch): 995.084KB (even with the Strategy Analizer window closed)

Optimization period: 6/11/2008 -> 11/11/2008
      Optimization timeframe: 5 minutes

Regards

Comment

magicboiz,

Memory release is managed by the .NET framework so whenever .NET decides to release the resources it will do that. NT7 will bring improvements in this area though.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Until NT7 see the daylight, walk forward is almost impossible. I always get "System.OutOfMemoryException".

My machine has 3Gb, and I'm going to buy 1Gb extra.... but......

do you know if .NET framework has any procedure to force memory deallocation?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          magicboiz,

Memory release is managed by the .NET framework so whenever .NET decides to release the resources it will do that. NT7 will bring improvements in this area though.

Comment

Unfortunately that is beyond the level of support we can offer. Make sure you release all objects you use internally. If you created your own objects and things please remember to use the Dispose() method. If you are not sure if you created your own things you most likely did not. That is all we can suggest at this point in time. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

you're right, i didn't program nothing beyond the wizard and little else....

Unfortunately that is beyond the level of support we can offer. Make sure you release all objects you use internally. If you created your own objects and things please remember to use the Dispose() method. If you are not sure if you created your own things you most likely did not. That is all we can suggest at this point in time. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Here are some performance tips: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1

Decreasing the amount of days you are testing on may help positively too.

Comment

Update!!!:

The problem arises when the optimizer optimzes on metric "my system quality number" instead of "max.profit factor" or "max net profit" or whatever metric you packed in the standard NT installation.

So the problem, I think, is the SQN.cs Type spreaded in the forum: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&highlight=SQN

Regards

Here are some performance tips: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1

Decreasing the amount of days you are testing on may help positively too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Irukandji  
                  Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes